Kansas Employer USD #250 Westside Elementary - Instructional Paraeducator in Pittsburg, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12674561
The job of the Instructional Para-educator was established for the purposes of assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of students with special needs in the regular education classroom, interrelated resource rooms or other special needs settings; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior; and providing information to appropriate school personnel, all under the direct supervision of the Special Education Teacher.
This position may work with students in Early Childhood settings, Elementary or Secondary classrooms and resource rooms. Additionally, this position may work with students with mild to moderate disabilities whom may also be deaf/hard of hearing, have visual impairments, and or other disabilities.
Responsible to:Special Education Teacher, District Administration; SEK 637 Administration
- Adapts and provides accommodations of classroom activities; assignments and/or materials under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing an opportunity for special education students to actively participate in classroom activities.
- Aids students in and out of classroom (e.g. packing backpacks, note taking, relationship building, field trips, social skills, etc.) for the purpose of providing assistance to students needs and social growth.
- Assists students requiring supports in addressing personal care needs due to medical condition and/or physical limitations (i.e. diaper changing, potty training, lavatory, hand washing, nutritional, etc.) for the purpose of allowing students to function in the school environment.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. education strategies, specific disability education, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to the job functions to meeting established annual State requirements.
- Collaborates with staff for the purpose of providing necessary support and information related to the students progress as established in the Individual Education Plan under the direction of certified staff.
- Creates visual aids based on the level of the students visual impairment for the purpose of improving the students learning process (for para educators serving students with vision impairments).
- Implements educational and behavioral programming under the supervision of the classroom certified staff for the purpose of developing new skills for students.
- Assist students with challenging and/or aggressive behaviors.
- Instructs students in a variety of activities in individual and group settings (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc) for the purpose of meeting IEP goals under the direction of certified staff.
- Maintains instructional materials and data sheets for the purpose of ensuring availability of instructional materials and/or providing reliable information regarding student progress.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments and/or community environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, fire drills, assemblies, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive environment conducive to learning.
- Assist in establishing a positive learning environment, and respond to the individual needs of students.
- The ability to work cooperatively and demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with other paras, professionals, community agencies, and other groups.
- Assist in safeguarding confidential information, and observing confidentiality requirements.
- Use of appropria e behavior management techniques to maintain a positive climate for learning.
- Faithful, daily attendance and adherence to work schedules.
- Observe all district and interlocal policies during activities.
- Restrict cell phone usage to break and lunch times.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the educational team.