Flinthills Public Schools USD 492 Music Teacher - Elementary (Half-Time) in Rosalia, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11675313
Elementary Music (Half-time)
USD 492 Flinthills is currently seeking applications for a half-time Elementary Music Teacher (K-5) for the 2021-22 school year. Applicants should hold or be eligible for a valid Kansas teaching license with the appropriate endorsements. Coaching and/or Sponsorship opportunites are also available.
USD 492 Flinthills is a small rural school district with close access to Wichita and Interstate 35. Flinthills has high academic standards, many opportunities to participate in sports and activities, and a very supportive community.
Interested applicants should submit: 1) Letter of Inquiry; 2) Resume; 3) Application (available on our website at https://usd492.socs.net/vnews/display.v/SEC/USD%20492%20District%20Offices%7CUSD%20492%20Employment%20Opportunities ); and 4) 3 Letters of Recommendation with contact information to Jeremy Boldra, USD 492 - Flinthills, 806 SE Rosalia Rd, Rosalia, KS 67132.
QUALIFICATIONS: As Set by State Board of Education
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SUPERVISES: Students, teacher aides and volunteers as assigned
JOB GOAL: To help students master subject matter specified by the district’s curriculum guides, to help students demonstrate that mastery as it relates to defined curriculum outcomes, and to assist students in their development towards mature, able and responsible citizens.
1. Plans a program of study that follows district guidelines, and, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
2. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
3. Guides the learning process toward the mastery of curriculum goals, and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects that are clearly communicated to students.
4. Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting the district`s published objectives.
5. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required by policy and as requested by the administration.
6. Directly supervises all students to which he/she is assigned. Supervises students in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to which he/she is employed or assigned to sponsor. Assumes supervision responsibilities as directed by the principal.
7. Assists in the referral and diagnoses of students with learning difficulties, seeking assistance from district specialists as required.
8. Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis, and as requested by the administration.
9. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing students` life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure; maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
10. Observes all policies, rules, and regulations of the board as stated in the policy handbook, faculty handbooks, and student handbooks.
11. Observes established duty hours of the school day.
12. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteers(s) and evaluates their job performance.
13. Maintains and strives to improve professional performance and competence.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
15. Follows the appropriate procedures for ordering supplies, materials, and expending from activity accounts.
16. Facilitate cooperation between all persons in the school community.
17. Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
18. Support the mission of the school district.
19. Other duties assigned by the administration.
Please submit: 1) Letter of Inquiry; 2) Resume; 3) Application (available on our website at http://www.usd492.org under Distr