Watco Railroad Track Repair Technician in Salina, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12542365
The track laborer positionwill be required tosafely and efficiently inspect, repair, and maintain the railroad track infrastructure to insure safe and efficient service to our customers.This is a manual labor position, which requires that the individual becomes proficient in the following skills, duties, and requirements within a prescribed training and introductory period.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, unload, load, distribute, pick-up, install cross ties, switch ties, other track material and ballast.
- Inspect, unload, distribute, load, pick-up, install, grind, and transpose rail.
- Inspect, load, unload, distribute, pick-up, remove, construct, maintain and repair turnouts.
- Inspect, patrol, construct, install, retire, remove, surface, gauge, line and shift track.
- Inspect, protect, flag, construct, install, maintain, and repair road crossings.
- Inspect, protect, flag, construct, install, maintain, repair, paint, renew and replace bridges.
- Inspect, protect, flag, maintain, repair and construct culverts and tunnels.
- Inspect, dismantle, remove, maintain, repair and paint station facilities.
- Inspect, test, maintain,repair, construct and install scales.
- Inspect, remove, maintain, repair, construct, and install right of way, sand and snow fences.
- Inspect, construct, install, maintain, clean and paint signs.
- Cut and dispose of vegetation.
- Clean debris from switches.
- Remove snow or other foreign materials from track infrastructure.
- Accurate and timely reporting as required
- Read and accurately interpret company documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and federal and state regulations.
- Communicate professionally and effectively.
- Mustacquirea comprehensive understanding of track authority.
- Comply with performance metrics measurements and deadlines.
- Practice safe work habits and follow company and industry policies, procedures and regulations.
- Respond promptly to any accident, incident or emergency call.
- Read gauges, precision measuring instruments, schematics and maintenance manuals 100% of the time.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:None
- High school education or general education (GED) or 3 to 6 months job-related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Class A CDL License
Certificates and Licenses
- The team member must possess a valid drivers license with no restrictions.
- The team member must be able to pass Track Ground School, GCOR Written Test, Roadway Worker Protection Written Test, Fall Protection Written Test, Maintenance of Way Safety Written Test, MSHA/OSHA Training and Certification (if required on site).
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to write legibly.
- Must be able to perform duties that require heavy lifting.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
- Must have the ability to recognize problems.
- Must have knowledge of Roadway Protection Rules.
- Must have a broad understanding of railroad operations.
\ Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of thosethat must be met by a team memberto successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
\ Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative f those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease.