Kansas State University Student Programs Coordinator in Salina, Kansas
About This Role:
Kansas State Polytechnic seeks a dedicated, energetic Student Activities Coordinator to assist with all functions of Student Life. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Planning, budgeting, and assessment of programs, activities, and events related to student campus involvement and student success
- Co-Advising the Student Government Association
- Coordinating and overseeing student clubs and organizations
- Designing student recreational programs and activities that promote wellness, growth and development, and personal success
- Student Life Center Coordination (Activities, Facilities, Programming, Leadership Development)
- Marketing of student activities, programs, and events to campus community as well as external clients
- Collaborating with Student Life team to support and increase student retention in the residence halls and across campus
- Assisting in the organization of housing and food service applications and contracts
- Managing schedules for front desk and custodial staff at Student Life Center
- Acting as timekeeper for Student Life department
Standard hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. However, incumbent must be able to work flexible hours as needed, with required attendance after hours to accommodate evening and weekend activities.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Masters Degree in a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with university student life programming.
- Experience with Maxient software
- Must be able to communicate and work with diverse groups of people.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate evening and weekend activities.
- Required to participate in on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend student support.__
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
For best consideration, apply by September 7th.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the range and are commensurate with experience and qualifications. _ _
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670085545 Poly Auxiliary Svcs
Job no: 509644
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 08A
Advertised: Aug 28, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled