AdventHealth Clinical Pharmacist, 4/10s Days/Evenings in Shawnee, Kansas
Clinical Pharmacist , 4/10s shift - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
Paid Days Off from Day One for eligible employees
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Available to work a shift between 6:45am – 9:00pm. These are 4, 10-hour shifts.
Shift : Days and Evenings
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Clinical Pharmacist supports the mission of the department, hospital, and health-system by preventing, identifying and resolving medication use issues to assure patients safety, improve patients' satisfaction, optimize patients' outcome and minimize cost. May work in the centralized and decentralized areas. Will perform all functions of a registered pharmacist including accurate and timely dispensing, clinical interactions with patients and healthcare team, and technician supervision.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Pharmacy Operations – Actively performs all pharmacist functions, actively participates in established standard work parameters, and maintains functional proficiency in and actively provides coverage of central pharmacy and/or satellite areas as requested. Maintains operational expertise in, actively provides coverage of, and proactively leads the services provided by central pharmacy, IV room pharmacy, and/or satellite pharmacy areas. Oversees and ensures appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Accurately oversees the management of medication inventories and the preparation and dispensing of patient-specific medication doses. Supervises technician and intern practice, prioritizes work load, organizes work flow, and checks accuracy of pharmacy technician activities.
· Pharmacy Practice – Completes critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and patient monitoring to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems. Proficiently verifies/enters medication orders and proactively communicates with medical staff to resolve problem medication orders. Provides patient-centered care services, including accurate, safe and timely medication therapy, and promotes cost-effective drug therapy, including actively participating in stewardship activities and restricted medication/surveillance programs. Initiates and facilitates appropriate drug dosing and manages medication-related pharmacist consults. Facilitates medication safety practices, including identifying, mitigating, and reporting potential and actual adverse drug events, adverse drug reactions, and medication errors. Participates in the management of medical emergencies. Maintains continuous learning and pharmacy practice development.
· Clinical Pharmacy Services – Actively participates in direct patient care programs and provides accurate, safe, timely, and appropriate medication therapy based on patient needs. Works as an active member of pharmacy clinical programs and collaborates with healthcare providers and pharmacy staff, and places practice priority on the delivery of patient-centered care.
· Teamwork and Inter-professional Collaboration
· Presents to assigned areas on time and ready to work to ensure continuity of care between shifts, among pharmacy staff assignments, and across pharmacy practice areas. Supports other pharmacy operations and areas outside of current assignment. Works effectively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure the best outcome for the patient and demonstrates sensitivity to the perspective of the patient, caregiver, or health care colleague in all communications.
· Participates in departmental meetings and educational activities as assigned. Supports practice advancement initiatives, clinical research projects, and stewardship initiatives led by colleagues and peers. Maintains professional image by participating in shared governance committees, if applicable.
· Teaching, Training, Precepting, and Mentoring – Mentors new staff and assists with training of all staff as requested. Supports experiential training of pharmacy trainees and mentors pharmacy students (IPPE and APPE) as requested/required. Demonstrates desire and aptitude for teaching and maintains competency to deliver effective evidence-based education to nurses, patients, students/learners and pharmacy team members.
· Quality Improvement, Regulatory Compliance, and Accreditation – Supports quality improvement initiatives to improve medication-related processes, pharmacy systems, or patient care programs. Supports regulatory compliance initiatives and institutional accreditation processes.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED:
· Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, problem‐solving, and customer service skills
· Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes as necessary
· Works under minimal supervision, while using independent judgement
· Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and support personnel
· Ability to analyze data and follow up and resolve discrepancies
· Ability to keep accurate and complete records
· Ability to teach, precept, and facilitate training
· Ability to participate in clinical activities and documentation such as IV to PO, renal dosing and pharmacokinetics
· Initiative to keep abreast of developments in the provision of pharmacy services
· Initiative to keep abreast of new information/products/developments in the field of pharmacy
· Proficiency in general hospital pharmacy operations and regulatory compliance
· Proficiency with hospital computer systems, pharmacy technology, and pharmacy automation
· Proficiency in hospital pharmacy practice, patient-centered care, advanced pharmacy practice, medication therapy management, and evidence-based medicine
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
· PGY1 Pharmacy Residency OR Three years of clinical pharmacy experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Licensed Pharmacist
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION:
· BLS, ACLS and/or PALS, may be required to some facilities based on department requirements and pharmacist role, refer to hiring manager for needs.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23043052
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.