AdventHealth Customer Service Specialist Cardiology Clinic in Shawnee, Kansas
Customer Service Specialist AdventHealth Medical Group
Shawnee Mission Medical Building
9119 W. 74thStreet; Suite 150, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
- * Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019*
- * Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962*
- * Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility*
- * Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education*
- * Employee Referral Program*
- * Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses*
Full Time Days
Monday - Friday
40 hours a week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Schedule patient appointments in software as trained following scheduling procedures and standards.
- Check in/out patients, accurately validating insurance and collecting pertinent copays, and deductibles and having patients complete paperwork.
- Performs a daily reconciliation of payments and adjustments posted against sign-in sheet, encounter forms, and Athena correcting any discrepancies prior to daily close.
- May prepares bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding applications.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Experience
The Customer Service Specialist is an accountable member of a patient care team. Accountable for clerical and supportive functions which contribute to the smooth operation of interoffice systems generated by patient care activities. Responsibilities may include answering incoming phone calls, greeting individuals coming into the department, checking patients in via the computer, collecting applicable co-pay, deductibles and/or coinsurance amounts from patients; post payments; scheduling appointments and/or follow-up appointments; making new patient folders
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.