Midwest Health Maintenance in Shawnee, Kansas
We are looking for someone to add to our Maintenance Team for the Kansas City Region. Candidate must have reliable transportation and live in the Kansas City area.
Maintenance is responsible for repairs, maintains physical structure, equipment and grounds of the Facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator, Director of Nursing or Unit Manager.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Facility grounds must be maintained in an orderly fashion; free from hazards, debris and clutter. Sidewalks and drives must be free from snow, ice, leaves and in good repair.
- Responsible for maintaining the building including but not limited to painting, replacing worn or stained tiles, repairing furniture, locks, baseboards, trim, windows, etc.
- Responsible for assuring the electrical system and all electrical appliances are in good working condition.
- Responsible for assuring that all plumbing is in working order and in good repair.
- Responsible for organizing fire drills and assuring that all fire safety equipment is in working order and is inspected on a regular schedule.
- Maintain all Facility equipment including but not limited to washers, dryers, boilers, air conditioners, furnaces and lawn mowers.
- May be required to assist staff in moving residents and furniture.
- Assures 24-hour availability of service for maintenance emergencies.
- Assures personal and staff comply with all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, hazardous materials, fire safety, and building, electric and plumbing codes.
Assures personal and staff compliance with Residents’ Rights. Requirements:
Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a requirement of the job.