Adventist Health System Network Analyst Lead - Shawnee, KS in Shawnee, Kansas
Network Analyst - Lead
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Shawnee, KS
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
· Great benefits
· Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
Works with local, regional, and Corporate / AHS-AIT technical staff to coordinate and complete all network tasks required to support active projects.
Performs equipment upgrades installations, de-installation, and relocation as required to support the business needs of the company.
Performs "hands on" work (i.e., pulling cables, installing switches, routers, servers, etc.) when necessary.
Complies with change control procedures and policies. Submits properly documented and worded change control for known projects with sufficient time for approval within normal change control timelines.
Develops thorough implementation, test and back-out plans to implement changes with minimum impact.
Demonstrates strong change management skills.
What You’ll Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to understand and implement mainframe and LAN/WAN functionality such as cabling systems, hubs, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, terminal servers and communication servers.
· Experience with Cisco wireless
· Experience with Cisco voice
· Worked in a non-complex environment with multiple closets, devices, and nodes
· In depth understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and protocol interaction.
· 10-13 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
· 7-10 years’ Cisco experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· 13-15 years’ experience in a layer 1, 2, and 3 distributed network environments is required.
· 10-13 years Cisco experience.
· Some VPN, multi-VLAN, and extra-building networking
· Healthcare Network environment experience i.e. PACS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· High School Diploma is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education is highly recommended.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Cisco CCENT certification is required.
· Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Cisco CCNA certification is recommended.
· Cisco CCNP certification preferred
The Lead Network Analyst is responsible for insuring the day to day operation, reliability, and integrity of the company data communications network within a designated region. The lead Network Analysts’ day-to-day Activities Include; Working in layer 1, 2 and 3 switching and routing; WLAN Access points and the Wireless LAN controllers; VPN connections and their configurations; Implementing new technologies and equipment; Monitoring and trending network needs; Troubleshooting issues of all kinds; installing and maintaining equipment and wiring; Meeting client needs; Gaining the support of the client; Studying network technology and increasing knowledge. Works as a liaison with external vendors as required. Responsible for maintaining and updating network equipment inventory records and network problem records. Assists the regional manager in developing budgets, procurement of network equipment and supplies, and in the design of the LAN and WAN networks. Performs system generation, tuning, configuration, upgrades, performance management, disaster recovery, and usage reporting as required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.