AdventHealth Registered Nurse Transition to Acute Care in Shawnee, Kansas
Transition to Acute Care Registered Nurse
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Day or Nights
Shift : Opportunities on multiple units; position designed to offer additional training while transitioning to acute care setting.
Location: 9100 W 74 th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
Your health extends far beyond the physical. That’s why AdventHealth Ottawa, formerly Ransom Memorial Health, is committed to strengthening your body, mind and spirit. Our providers, specialists and staff serve the local community in and around Franklin County. With our whole-hearted support, you can start on the path to wellness today.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Cardiac Rehab RN
· Demonstrate accurate assessment skills appropriate to my patient population and based on evidence, policy and practice standards when caring for all patients regardless of complexity or need.
· Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID. Implement a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and resources available.
· Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles, multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the health care team.
· Provide patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
· Provide routine and specialized teaching/discharge planning throughout the patient stay to prepare the patient/family/significant other regain independence prior to discharge.
· Provide individualized teaching plan based on assessed learning needs, education level, language spoken and level of understanding
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Kansas Registered Nurse License
Minimum 6 months RN experience
BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23014569
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.