Mirror USPO Co-Occurring Counselor***Shawnee, KS*** in Shawnee, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12689759
This position is targeted for treatment of individual suffering from co-occurring disorders (mental health and substance use).Under the clinical supervision of the designated site Clinical Supervisor, the Counselors are responsible for the programs and services provided to the program participants served by Mirror. Counselors shall operate in accordance with the policies and procedures determined by the Board of Directors and as implemented by his/her supervisor(s) and all parties shall abide by all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Counselors will need to specifically abide by the Kansas Department of Aging & Disability Services, Community Services & Programs Division standards (standards for licensure/certification of alcohol & other drug abuse treatment programs and mental health programs). The additional duties of this position include curricula development and implementation, psychoeducational presentations, individual counseling, group counseling, case management activities and all related paperwork demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaincommunication withreferral sources.
- Dialoguewithlocal referral sources in order to keep them apprised of their clients performance in treatment when requested.
- Create the curriculaanddesign the treatment plansfortheclients.
- Provide group/individual/family counseling for clients in outpatient treatment settings.
- Provide individual counseling for clients and assist in the identification and resolution of problems, behaviors, or cognition which prevent or interfere with clients reaching of their treatment goals or positive outcomes.
- Maintain treatmentrelated paperwork such as treatment plans, evaluations, discharge summaries, CIF forms, program evaluation forms, within our electronic client record, etc...
- Provide a minimum of 25 hours of direct service per week.
- Completeall paperwork and record-keeping on a timely (daily) basis to support complete and accurate billing for services rendered.
- Must attendandparticipatein all staff meetings.
- Participatein the on-call rotation for clinical coverage.
- Provide psychoeducational groups and learning experiences geared to meet the client\'s level of understanding. These should be focused on addiction and mental health related topics, stress management, cognitive behavioral theory, trauma focused treatment, nutrition, ADIS, (ways to change) criminal thinking, etc...
- Assist in the collection of client fees (as necessary for the assigned program) as it directly impacts the relationship between the client and Mirror Inc.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Director.
- See specific credentials required, below.
- Excellentinterpersonalskillsandabilityto communicate effectively both verbally and in writing are required.
- Capableof maintaining a team spirit. Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Mustbe adaptable to change and have effective organizational skills.
- Mustbe able to organize and follow through on multiple tasks.
- Display consistent,good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Knowledgein the disease of addiction and the various modes of treatment.
- Knowledge and understanding of diagnosing, assessing and treating various mental health disorders.
- Knowledgeof the criminal mindset and persons with anti-social, et.al., personality disorder(s).
- Abilityto establish and maintain rapport with the resistive, chemically dependent client and individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness.
- Musthaveproficientcomputer skills or experience and/or skills working with an Electronic Health R cord.
- Since all aspects of behavioral health arerapidly evolving counseling staff must have a thorough working knowledge of the disease of addiction, mental health disorders and the various modes of treatment for both. Must be able to adapt to and implement changing treatment models and techniques.
- This position may also involve bending, walking stairs and lifting up to 40 pounds on occasion.