TEKsystems Senior Software Engineer in Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Company is hiring a high level, senior Software Engineer focused on the backend to help support their CRM reliability team. This individual will support their desking application. The first 2-3 weeks will be to analyze and document the workflow and technologies used in the current solution (essentially it's the generation of a sales proposal for the consumer). Once that work is complete, they can make a decision on what technology we will use to solve our end goal of deprecating the use of SSRS for generating the proposal. Currently, the thought process is to wrap the SSRS with React.
The individual will be working on their own/closely with the manager during this time. After the desking application is fixed, they will support the engineering efforts of a large monolithic application.
As of now the position is slated to be a 4-6 month contract. This position can sit 100% remote
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the companies technical capabilities. In alignment with product and technology roadmaps, this senior role plays an integral part in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and requires good communication skills with management and team members.
• Develop new or maintain and refactor existing programs based on specifications
• Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
• Actively participate in agile team activities
• Participate in the design of new or changing programs
• Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
• Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
• Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
• Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
• Working experience in refactoring, re-architecting and applying design patterns in complex commercial applications.
• Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
• Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks (e.g. Front-end: browser and device)
• Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
• Working experience in analysis, design and programming using C# .NET Core.
• Working experience with appropriate database technologies, including SQL Server. Having experience with cloud-based relational and non-relation databases is not required but highly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• 5 – 8 years of working experience is desirable.
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Refactoring, re-architecting, & applying design patterns in complex commercial applications.
Experience working in a highly scalable environment.
Great communication and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.