Colgate-Palmolive Finance Team Leader in Tonganoxie, Kansas
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 132554 - Tonganoxie, Kansas, United States
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people and their pets? What about having the opportunity to connect with others
across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Hill’s is the place to be!
Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a multi billion dollar, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet,
Science Diet, and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets by providing the best leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products, and expertise to pet owners,
veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
The Plant Finance Team Leader position exists to provide financial expertise and support for the Plant Strategic Leadership
Team and Corporate Product Supply Chain Finance whilst helping to ensure adequate governance and controls at the Plant
level. The Finance TL will aid startup activities including implementing processes and SAP modules to support plant operations,
finance activities and transactional workflows working collaboratively with Plant-based partners, Global IT, Shared Service
Center, Supply Chain and Division Finance teams. As with all other Plant Team Leader positions, the Finance TL is a member of
the Plant's Coordinating Team typically representing the top 25 cross functional leaders in Operations, Engineering, Finance, HR,
Quality and Environmental Health & Safety. The Finance TL is a relied upon consultant to the business.
What you will do
• Coordinate and provide leadership for month / quarter / annual accounting closes (reviewing of expenses vs budget,
accruals, preparing journal entries, preparing & reviewing Balance Sheet reconciliations, inventory management and the
Plant’s P&L (PPR)
• Lead work streams associated with onboarding a new plant start-up: systems, processes, controls, reporting tools,
facilitate personnel training, implement policies & procedures
• Coordinates, prepares and analyzes Budget, LE and MRE forecasts of P&L and Balance Sheet
• Inventory and Fixed Assets Accounting / Reporting / cycle and year-end physical counts,
• Support Standard Costing activities,
• Leverage highly automated design of new plant and systems to drive data driven decision making and efficiencies,
• Lead technical knowledge transfer with the Topeka, KS wet plant, working with finance peers, to drive best practices,
• Evaluate results from production orders, controlling and working with business partners on continuous improvement and
material losses reduction,
• Participate in cross-functional teams supporting Plant operations & strategic projects as necessary,
• Aids plant teams follow-up results of onsite audits (Corp. Audit, EOHS, Quality),
• Implement and maintain effective governance, SOX and internal control environments,
• Leading plant level FTG (savings) program, ideation sessions, projects and related reporting vs. goal
• Assists in providing financial evaluation of major savings, efficiency and cost reduction opportunities,
• Review Bi-Weekly Payroll Processing managed by Human Resources,
• Conduct periodic financial training for plant personnel (team leaders and technicians),
• Supervision of a Finance Analyst and/or Specialist.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Complies with all policies and standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain or related finance fields
• 5+ years experience in Accounting / Finance / B&P
• 4+ years of prior Accounting / Finance / Controlling experience
• 3 years managing people / teams
• Advanced SAP / Google Sheets / Excel / Google Workspace
• English proficiency.
• Finance and Business Analysis
• Accounting Principles and Practices
• Effective Execution
• Technical Insights and Data Driven Analytics
• Corporate Governance and Auditing practices
• Cross-Organizational Partnership
• Supply Chain Systems & Analysis
• EHS and Quality relationships to Plant Operations
• Additional Languages
• CPA, CMA or equivalent designations
• Operational understanding of manufacturing / supply chain
• History of plant based roles or short term assignments
• Experience with change management initiatives - integrations of new businesses, new Plant start-ups, system
implementations and organizational structures,
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.