EY Advisory Services Senior Manager - Financial Services - Contact Center Solutions Architect in Topeka, Kansas
Advisory Services Senior Manager - Financial Services - Contact Center Solutions Architect
Requisition # UNI00GJ8
Post Date Feb 15, 2021
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· A Contact Center Solution Architect provides architecture leadership & subject matter expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and solutions for the contact center industry
· As part of a client engagement, the solution architect develops solution plans intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and desired business outcomes
· The solution architect creates innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a contact center system, in line with the business strategy and objectives
· For that, he/she works closely and continuously with business and technology leadership to architect technical solutions that unify the goals of both business and technology
· He/she understands the role of digital and self-service technologies and how those other channel experiences integrate with the contact center to deliver front to back solutions.
· He/she ensures relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products.
· He/she also contributes to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
· He/she works with vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendor’s delivery models and assist in implementing them at EY.
· A solution architect can work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. He/she sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. He/she anticipates needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: Solution and Technical Architects, engineering teams, product manager, project managers, product analysts, test and project teams, Information Security and Operations…
· He/she has excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
· He/she cultivates lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors / industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise as well as industry trends.
· He/she recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to our clients and can drive their adoption into their organization.
· He/she evangelizes the latest thinking and emerging technologies within the contact center industry.
Analytical and Decision-Making Responsibilities:
A Solution Architect:
· Understands the marketplace of contact center and adjunct solutions including on-prem and cloud configurations
· Helps clients understand the different options and configurations for their future state contact center architecture (integrated with their digital solutions, both current and future state)
· Converts business and technical requirements into contact center technology solutions
· Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
· Assesses and manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously
· Ensures architectural deliverables meet schedules, estimates, and quality requirements
· Applies judgment when suggesting vendor solutions (on-prem and cloud), application development/engineering methodologies, processes, and practices, to meet all project requirements; including aspects of product design, information security, code maintainability, and reliability
· Anticipates project issues and risks before they occur, and work with teammates to identify and implement solutions or mitigations with relevant stakeholders
· Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution
· Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
· Can analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
· Can balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic by balancing the risk to the project, product or to the firm.
A Solution Architect:
· Can lead a diverse group of project stakeholders and members towards successful delivery of a contact center project.
· Provides formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential. Mentors junior members of the team and reviews their work acting as a best practice / quality resource
· Able to delegate when appropriate but leads by example when required
· Receives general direction from the Solution Architecture Leadership Team. Works with architecture leaders and peers, business stakeholders/clients, product owners, project managers, product managers, engineers, product analysts and business stakeholders to drive a project’s progress and ensure success
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
A Solution Architect:
· Has an advanced understanding of contact center solution architecture.
· Can adopt and relate new technologies and vendor enhancements to the set of problems faced by our clients
· Can communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of business and technology stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly
· Possesses strategic business and technology acumen and understanding of organizational strategy
· Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability,… all the so-called “capabilities” of a system
· Understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
· Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services including solutions from Genesys, AWS, Five9, NICE nContact, etc.
· Able to navigate the EY organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
· Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies;
· Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
· Broad understanding of EY Technology, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
· Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
· Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Economics preferred or demonstrated experience and on-the-job learning that supports the skillset required
· Minimum of 10 years overall IT industry experience
· Minimum of 7 years in a contact center solution or technical architect role
· Experience in architecting and designing core contact center and adjunct technology solutions (both on-prem and cloud)
· Possesses deep knowledge on contact center solution architecture spanning across all aspects of each system and how it can be applied in a business context
· Experience moving contact centers from on-prem to cloud
· Experience with contact center resiliency and DR capabilities
· Experience in solution cost estimation
· Solid business acumen, management and marketing communication skills
· Significant experience in presenting ideas, products, concepts to varied audiences.
· Experience coaching and mentoring others
· Proven experience in delivering effective contact center solution architecture strategies
· Experience supporting peer teams and their responsibilities; such as infrastructure, operations, engineering, info-security
· This role may include business travel depending on client requirements and expectations.
· Understanding of contact center competitive landscape and the ability to help clients work through platform considerations, comparison, and selection.
· A desire to continue to stay up-to-date on the evolution of contact center and adjunct technology – e.g. Genesys, AWS, NICE nContact, Five9, etc.
· Ability to guide clients, based on size and sophistication, whether on-prem, hosted workloads, single vendor SaaS, or multi-vendor SaaS best suit their future state business and technology needs.
· Understanding of legacy contact center telephony solutions and future oriented telephony solutions.
· Understanding of personalization and the use of data analytics/AI/ML to improve contact center experiences.
· Understanding of how digital personalization solutions can be extended to the contact center.
· Understanding of contact center desktop solutions and integration options.
· Software development full lifecycle methodologies.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.