Midwest Health Certified Nursing Assistant in Topeka, Kansas
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of a licensed nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety and corporate policies and procedures.
- Comply with the nursing department’s policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator, DON or Unit Manager.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family members.
- Must develop and maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and other departments.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Assist in admission and discharge of resident.
- Assist residents in daily oral care.
- Assist residents in bathing functions (bed bath, tub, or shower).
- Assist residents in ear, eye, facial, hair, and nail care.
- Keep resident’s dry – changing clothing and linen when it becomes soiled or wet.
- Make beds, changing linens when needed and per scheduled.
- Assist residents in bowel and bladder functions.
- Collect specimens (urine, sputum, stools, etc.).
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity, and social programs.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents in ambulation and mobility.
- Proper use of gait belts when assisting residents.
- Perform and document resident temperature, pulse, respirations (TPR), weight, and height measurements.
- Answer resident call lights promptly.
- Report and, when appropriate, document, any change observed in a resident’s condition or behavior to the Charge Nurse.
- Prepare residents for meals, serve and remove trays, and assist in feeding as required.
- Distribute drinking water, other fluids and nourishments to residents.
- Assist in the care of dying residents.
Provide post-mortem care. Job Requirements:
Must have a valid CNA certification that is in good standing with the State.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.