FreeState Electric Cooperative Communications Intern in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12760726
Reporting Relationship:Communications Manager
Office Locations: McLouth & Topeka, Kansas
Office Hours:Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Internship requires student to work between 15-20 hours per week during the school year, not to exceed 1,000 hours during the year. Each semester, undergraduate students must be enrolled in and pass at least 12 credit hours. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours. Ability to work in 2-hour time blocks at minimum.
Students who have completed at least one year of college and are enrolled as a full-time student may apply. Must be enrolled full-time in a communication, marketing or other related degree seeking program. FreeState will consider recent graduates for the internship as well.
The Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with the tasks and duties as directed by the Communications Manager. The Communications Intern provides support for critical communication projects while developing their technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Assists with conceptual development, content creation, writing,
design, and copywriting for the following publications:
- Kansas Country Living
- Cooperative Website
- Marketing Communications
- Member Communications
- Internal and External Communications
- Assists with the development of social media campaigns as well as monitoring current platforms.
- Assists with video content development as well as managing the YouTube channel.
- Provides general marketing communications support in the following
- special event support
- miscellaneous marketing communication projects, as assigned (Presentation audits, etc.).
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Pursuing or holds a Bachelor\'s degree in Communications, Journalism, or any other related degree is required.
- Must possess a valid driver\'s license.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook) is required.
- Hands-on experience in shooting and editing video content is preferred.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the Cooperative.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Consistently sits for extended periods of time. Occasionally stands, walks, bends, stoops, squats lifts, unpacks and moves up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to perform finger and hand manipulation and perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer keyboard and telephone, as well as other office equipment.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail and talk on the phone.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Interaction with staff, vendors and members.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this position, please visit<https://freestate.coop/jobs>to complete an Application for Employment.
FreeState is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applican s will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
\ \ For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.\ \ <https://www.applicantpro.com/j/3135303-239294>