Lumen Data Scientist - Network Analytics - Flexible Location in Topeka, Kansas
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for a data scientist to join our team as we design and launch a new network analytic platform that will be implanted with our learnings and experience managing one of the largest global networks. In this role, you will develop and program methods, automated processes, and systems to cleanse, integrate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions using machine learning and advanced analytics. Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analyses and experiments to other analysts, data scientists, team members and business partners.
The Main Responsibilities
• Execute data discovery, exploratory data analysis, and iteratively develop predictive and prescriptive models to identify optimal solutions
• Assist with operationalizing the solutions and changing business processes to maximize the value of those solutions.
• Analyze data and build predictive and prescriptive models in the areas of capacity planning, anomaly detection, predictive asset failure/maintenance, workload optimization, customer segmentation and business performance.
• Mine information for previously unknown patterns and insights hidden in these assets and leverage them for competitive advantage.
• Find solutions that are on the cutting edge of technology and lies at the intersection of science, engineering and business acumen.
• Team player on an agile team and within a strongly focused DevOps culture.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 3+ years of experience delivering Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics solutions
• Familiar with Hadoop, Hive, SQL and Spark technologies
• Ability to apply techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, deep learning, association, anomaly detection, time series forecasting, Hidden Markov models and Bayesian inference to solve pragmatic business problems
• Ability to design working models and implement them on Big Data systems using Map Reduce or Spark frameworks.
• Ability to work within an agile, iterative DevOps development process
• Experience with statistical programming environments like Python, R, SPSS or IBM Watson Studio
• Fluent in one or more object oriented-languages like C#, C++, Scala, Java, and scripting languages like Python or Ruby
Requisition #: 245359
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.