CTG DATA SCIENTIST in Topeka, Kansas
Title: DATA SCIENTIST
Location: United States
Job Number: 18205993
CTG has an excellent direct-hire opportunity available! Are you looking to grow your career and skill set in an exciting new role?
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: full-time
Pay Range: Competitive
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Job Description – Data Scientist
Reporting directly to the Director of Software Development, the Staff Data Scientist position is responsible for designing, methodologies for data management and exploration, running statistical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. The Staff Data Scientist’s role is to transform data into knowledge that can be used to make rational decisions by:
• Collecting and preparing data for analysis – Cleansing / Data Wrangling
• Creating models to evaluate the data – Statistical, Visual, Machine Learning
• Evaluating models and refine as needed – How well does it work and can we make it better?
• Delivering solutions based upon the model and communicating their value and use
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, the duties and responsibilities of the Staff Data Scientist include:
• Leveraging the CRISP DM process, work in collaboration with management, business users, IT developers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to transform data into knowledge that can be used to make rational decisions
• Must be able to understand business need and specify analytical/statistical requirements and implications, design, program, test, and field the results into a productive feedback cycle
• Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
• Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
• Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
• Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers in a concise manner
• Investigate available data, identify and recommend best sources for building better models/reports for ultimately improving company results
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance requirements and HIPAA.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor’s in Statistics, Applied Math or related field
• Strong work ethic, able to work both collaboratively, and independently without a lot of direct supervision, and solid problem-solving skills
• Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and possess good one-on-one interpersonal skills.
• Strong mathematical, analytical, and statistical skills
• Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
• Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
• Experience with statistical programming languages such as Python, R, Excel (analytics) required
• 5 years’ practical experience with ETL, data processing, database usage/programming and data analytics
o Transforming and cleansing data
o Creating and interpreting statistics – numerically analyzing data
o Creating and interpreting visualizations – visually analyzing data
o Creating statistical models – using them for inference and prediction
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2000 versions of SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Data Analysis / Management