Topeka, KS Engineering Technician in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12761644
About Us: Bartlett & West is an engineering, architecture, technology, and other professional services firm headquartered in Topeka, KS with 19 offices in seven states throughout the Midwest. As a completely employee-owned company, Bartlett & West has a We Before Me mentality. We prioritize service to our clients, communities, and each other. Were less concerned about titles and more concerned about how each person can be supported to make the greatest impact.
This entry-level position will work on drafting civil engineering projects utilizing Computer Aided Drafting programs and design software. This position has a focus in water resources.
Veterans encouraged to apply.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- In coordination with a team of surveyors, project managers, engineers and technicians, performs routine drafting assignments on water/wastewater design projects.
- Utilizes AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Water/Sewer GEMS, InfoWater, ArcGIS, in-house water distribution design model to draft/design projects.
- Will focus on pipeline distribution systems, elevated/ground storage tanks, municipal or regional water supply systems, irrigation and water diversion systems, water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and/or water collection systems drafting/design work.
- Includes transferring information from other team members into Computer Aided Drafting software programs and applying appropriate symbols and drafting standards to create a quality finished product.
- Works with engineer or higher-level technician on full plan development. May prepare drawings from rough sketches or interpretation of field notes.
- Works with licensed surveyors on preparing plats of survey, subdivision plats, ALTA surveys, exhibits, topographic surveys, LiDAR extraction, and any other documentation needed for the survey crews.
- May work with field staff to complete documentation of field conditions for eventual reproduction in drawings.
- Interprets as-built and redline information and makes appropriate revisions to plans.
- Assists in the development, modification, and application of three dimensional models in the appropriate design software.
- May assist in field with surveying tasks or construction observation/monitoring, as needed. Refer to Survey Technician and Construction Engineering Technician position descriptions for detail of essential functions and responsibilities.
- Under the direction of Project Engineer/Project Manager may interact with vendors in selection of equipment (pumps, pipe materials, valves, treatment equipment, storage tanks, SCADA systems, and metering equipment).
- Manages drafting work and interfaces with other disciplines as needed.
- Typically handles multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge and abilities in AutoCAD and Arc GIS
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Highly motivated with effective communication skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent listening and reading skills, including proofreading
- Ability to work independently and in a