General Dynamics Information Technology Enterprise Security Architecture Lead in Topeka, Kansas
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: Cyber Security
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Enterprise Security Architecture Lead supporting the VA Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) Modernization Support project, you will be trusted to work actively with GDIT security and Cyber-Security professionals to support our VA customer.
Our mission within the VA is to ensure Veteran’s information, VA information systems and infrastructure is cybersecurity ready. GDIT will accomplish this while ensuring the resiliency of VA’s cybersecurity infrastructure through proactive monitoring, adaptive responses, adherence to Federal requirements and best practices, and the recruitment, retention, and development of a world-class cybersecurity workforce.
The ideal Enterprise Security Architecture Lead will serve as the ESA’s IT enterprise network security point-of-contact and provides overall security leadership and guidance for all contractor personnel. Ultimately responsible for the design and implementation of IT services that adhere to VA required security guidelines and configurations.
The ESA lead shall assign security taskings to contractor personnel and supervise on-going technical security efforts. This person shall be readily available to respond to VA leadership questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting the VA to potential contractual or programmatic issues.
This is a key position on the project. As such, this resource must be located in the Washington, DC metro area so easily facilitate visits to VA offices to meet with the ESA project management team.
· Ensure that deliverables not only maintain technical merits but also have high fidelity to stated VA strategies, goals and objectives
· Ensures that deliverables address Customer specific needs, and provides the overall technical strategy for guidance, policy and implementation that supports ESA PMO mission needs.
· Functions as the technical lead for ESA projects
· Guides the execution of specific tasks and the development of deliverables in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
· Contributes to both scheduled and unscheduled deliverables
· Contributes content to project deliverables as required
· Directs the technical writing team regarding topics that need to be covered for whitepapers, briefs and other policy related material
· Participates in peer reviews of VA ESA to ensure technical adequacy and alignment to Customer strategic and mission advancement.
· Coordinates with VA security leadership to ensure that security objectives are supported in the development, operation, and maintenance of VA IT services.
· Satisfies highly challenging and complex system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands. Provides leadership and guidance in the development, design and application of solutions implemented by more junior staff members.
· Coordinates with senior representatives within the customer organizations to establish and define programs, resources and risks.
· Applies expertise to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or technical equivalent. Ten (10) years of relevant experience (additional experience may be substituted for education if IT security related)
10 years of experience in design and development of IT architecture. Experience must include a wide range of work in creating diagrams and documentation with all components that comprise IT systems including network topology.
Certifications - CISSP, CEH or CCSP (Cloud) or CCIE (Network Security)
Experience in supporting legacy and new health IT digital architectures including cloud, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), APIs, and AI technologies.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (T4)
US Citizenship is required
Position is Remote; however, the Enterprise Security Architecture Lead is required to be onsite for occasional client meetings; must reside within 2 hours of the facility
Desired Skills and Experience
15 years of enterprise architecture experience (minimum of 10 required)
Ability to perform analysis and research of complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter
Possess one or more of the following certifications
GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Cisco Certified Design Expert certification
AWS Solution Architect Professional
Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification
ITIL Certified (current) or equivalent
Familiarity working with VA information systems
Active VA clearance
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
Diverse, highly collaborative teams
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.