Public Consulting Group Finance and Accounting Analyst in Topeka, Kansas
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sectormanagement consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices around the US, in Canada and in Europe.PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle.Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base.
• Process invoices into accounting software (Workday) accurately and efficiently in compliance with company standards. Prepare and re-submit corrected invoices, as needed.
• Process and track practice area accounts payable vendor invoices.
• Ensure proper set up of contracts within accounting system including billing and revenue schedules through collaboration with project managers.
• Perform business to business collection activity as needed to maintain low and current receivable balances
• Assist with production of monthly reports including month end accruals, prepaid, and depreciation
• Document policy and procedures relating to accounts receivable collection efforts and billing processes
• Reconcile and process payments, research transactions as assigned by manager
• Review and approve practice area project expenses
• Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and recommend accounting process improvements
• Support practice area staff through analysis of financial data
• Monitor practice area central email inbox and triage material sent on a daily basis
• Assist in the development of the annual financial plan and quarterly forecasting process
• Interact with staff to obtain project knowledge and achieve practice area goals
• Other duties as assigned by Finance Director
• Proficiency in Excel, SQL and Workday desirable
• Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
• Analytical skills, including the ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative information and reach sound conclusions.
• Detailed and process improvement oriented
• Ability to read and understand technical specifications
• Outstanding PC spreadsheet skills required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Experience: 2 years of accounting or finance experience, prior experience with accounts receivable and revenue recognition principles; experience working with Workday or a similar accounting software desirable
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.