The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Mechanical Engineer in Topeka, Kansas
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of the Position:
• Assist & lead to ensure equipment complies with all safety, environmental & other regulatory compliances.
• Track engineering expense & capital budgeting compliance.
• Assist to ensure the proper design, installation, modification & maintainability of new & existing plant equipment, buildings & facilities.
• Assist engineering & maintenance to provide the necessary support to the production organization in order to promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions & facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs. These duties would include assisting in training & instruction of appropriate team members & day-to-day floor support.
• Assist in identification of unacceptable performance through analysis & acquired technical knowledge of the product & process including waste & cost reduction.
• Assist in & learn process for prepare cost estimates, financially justifying projects, prepare budgets, review design, supervise installation & commissioning. Assists in research of new equipment, systems & processes to advance plant operations.
• Gain understanding & assist to ensure safety, environmental & other regulatory compliances by working with appropriate associates on EHS issues, following the implementation of MSR’s & continually improving the communication across all relevant departments.
• Participate in contractor management process & periodically audit contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices & standard operating procedures are followed.
Education & Certifications:
• BS Degree in engineering (Mechanical)
• 2 years' experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering & maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
• Equipment design experience & project engineering or project management role preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology, interpret & create technical Cad drawings & schematics.
• Ability to understand electrical or mechanical diagrams.
• Ability to understand & design modern safety control systems.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to .