U.S. Bank PFMAM P-Card Specialist in Topeka, Kansas
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Sales and Relationship Representative – Payment Solutions
Our firm offer offers a national procurement card ("P-Card") program that allows school districts, community colleges, counties, and local governments to take advantage of the existing credit card infrastructure to make electronic payments for a variety of routine purchases of goods and services. There are currently 1,000 participants in our program who spent nearly $400 million in 2022, many of which earned a cash rebate from their annual spend.
PFMAM is currently seeking a Sales and Relationship Manager to assist with new business development and client management for PFMAM’s payment solutions p-card business. The role will mainly cover FL, IL, MO, ND, NH, a portion of PA and to a minor extent, CA, GA and TX territories, and can be situated remotely (within reasonable proximity to a PFMAM or U.S. Bank office). The position affords the successful candidate an opportunity to develop a specialized understanding of PFMAM’s payment solutions p-card business while working closely with the region's Manager and sales team.
Key tasks include:
• Account Development (new clients) – Prepare and host (virtual and/or in-person) presentations for prospective clients which demonstrates the advantages and capabilities of the company's p-card program and its related products and services; Ensure appropriate follow up with clients and prospects take place.
• Account Development (existing clients) – work with existing accounts to cultivate program growth; encourage the maximum use of the programs features; assist new program administrators with an understanding of how the program works and the many benefits/efficiencies the program provides. Assist in demonstrating the online environment to clients.
• Work closely with senior p-card bank representatives to ensure the smooth implementation of new clients, ongoing program maintenance and fulfilling the needs of current clients; assist with the role out of program changes or issues, as well as to provide knowledge of new product offerings or online features.
• Develop direct customer relationships with key accounts and identify and develop relationships within those accounts with decision making personnel.
• Working with the Client Service Group of our Local Government Investment Pool’s, to ensure smooth implementation of new clients, client maintenance and fulfilling the needs of current clients.
• Coordinate information flow between sales teams, clients, and PFMAM project and product managers on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Coordinate preparation of client reports and other written communications.
• Work closely with sponsoring associations to help grow and raise awareness of the program; prepare reports and other materials regarding clients to their governing board where applicable.
• Create innovative ways of educating clients and prospects to implement an optimal payment solutions program (creating flyers, quarterly newsletters and quarterly spend reports).
• Assist in preparing client rebate payments, in September and January.
• Attend state and government association conferences, some travel is required
Qualified applicants should have client-facing work experience and basic knowledge of payment solutions products, banking, or other financial services. Experience working in or with public sector and other institutional clients is desirable.
Key qualifications include:
• Associate degree with at least 2 years of related experience, preferably in the public sector, banking, and sales experience. Knowledge of procurement card and payment solution products would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills, including active listening, oral communication, and written skills to convey product benefits to clients and asking appropriate questions that can lead to sales
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong time management, organization skills, and the ability to effectively multitask
• Customer service centric
• Commitment and desire to grow revenue for the PFMAM payment solutions
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with an ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems
• Willing to travel for annual conferences of assigned regions
Position may be situated remotely; however, preference will be for a hybrid position within reasonable proximity to a PFMAM or U.S. Bank office.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/prod/UBNAGLOBAL/documents/Thewaywework-1666895142717.pdf) drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $92,480.00 - $108,800.00 - $119,680.00
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.