City of Topeka Property Maintenance Inspector- Police Dept in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12446560
The City of Topeka is seeking a dedicated individual to serve as a member of its Property Maintenance Inspection team. This is an entry-level position with an excellent field-training program to assist incumbents in obtaining certifications needed for advancement. Training, study time, certifications, uniforms and equipment are all provided by the City.
Primary duties include:
- Conducting on-site inspections of residential and commercial properties to ensure compliance with applicable property maintenance laws and codes.
- Training in the basics of code enforcement for the removal of nuisance items such as trash, junked vehicles, weeds and graffiti.
- Assisting and supporting neighborhood organizations, property owners, residents and businesses in becoming more self-reliant and proactive in neighborhood preservation.
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to problem-solve and exercise sound judgment
- An aptitude for technology or a willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently or as a team