The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Quality Engineer in Topeka, Kansas
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of the Position:
• This position is responsible for supporting manufacturing process and product quality by learning Goodyear standards and procedures in cooperation with more experienced personnel. The incumbent seeks solutions to problems, conducts assigned work tasks & exhibits an entry level of knowledge.
• Gain understanding of Customer requirements (internal and external) relevant to specific manufacturing processes.
• Learn, know and apply existing technical solutions to meet product and process requirements.
• Carry out work utilizing the appropriate processes within relevant quality guidelines and standards.
• Monitor and report process performance indicators.
• Learn and participate in Plant Optimization to deploy standards and drive improvement.
• Learn, know and apply appropriate tools and methods to solve problems that deliver defined objectives which meet business needs.
• Support the creation and maintenance of Product and Process technical specifications to insure compliance with requirements. Audit for compliance and assist with effective root-cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
• Participate, communicate and collaborate effectively within various teams to meet individual and business performance objectives.
• Complete assigned tasks on time and with appropriate quality to deliver results.
• Learn and apply technical solutions to meet product and process quality requirements.
• Learn and apply current standards and procedures.
• Work across teams to improve quality systems and process capability.
• Develop new approaches. Avoid inappropriate level of risk. Use appropriate processes within functional group.
• Document accomplished work using appropriate tools.
• Bring creative ideas to the table. Have innovative awareness.
• Apply creativity and innovation to assigned tasks.
35% -PROBLEM SOLVING
• Learn and apply appropriate problem solving strategies to deliver defined objectives to meet business needs.
• Learn and apply standard tools and techniques of collaboration, to solve problems and make improved business decisions.
• Work within environment and culture that encourages collaboration between teams.
• Lean and apply appropriate tools and methods to solve problems and make good decisions.
• Achieve assigned work, while learning the impact of the result. Learn and apply technical skills on well-defined problems.
• Learn and apply appropriate data analysis techniques.
15% -PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Learn and apply project management tools and standards of execution for assigned projects.
• Develop understanding and appropriately apply steps required in initiating a project.
• Learn and apply project planning process in the execution of small project tasks within a team and across teams.
• Develop and apply established risk management standards in the execution of projects.
• Learn and apply basic project management tools and techniques for successful completion of projects.
• Learn and apply fundamentals of the project closeout process.
• Develop an understanding and apply new knowledge to resolve conflicts in projects.
Education & Certifications :
Bachelors degree in Science/Technology/Engineering/Math.
• 0 or more year’s experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to apply systematic problem solving tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot equipment and process problems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrate a positive attitude. Actively participate in meetings, in a supporting role. Initiate open dialogue with peers and leadership on areas of concern. Select best means of communication. Provide compelling technical direction and logical conclusions within the function, both written and oral.
• Complete work on time with appropriate quality. Take responsibility for own performance and results. Plan daily work to ensure effective performance. Actively participate in change and organizational awareness. Participate in mentoring as mentee.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to .