Veritas Senior Manager, Alliances Marketing in Topeka, Kansas
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas’ Worldwide Field Operations (WFO) propels company growth by driving all aspects of new business and channel sales and includes global sales operations and global sales enablement for all new business and renewal sales.
The Alliances Senior Marketing Manager will work closely with the AWS and VMware Alliances Sales teams and Marketing counterparts at the Alliance partners to develop a joint marketing strategy that will result in pipeline generation for Veritas and the Alliance partners.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Alliance and GSI Marketing, the Alliances Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving and executing marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives with AWS and VMware. This role will be primarily focused on generating pipeline for Veritas by working closely with the Alliance Partners to leverage the strength of their brands. This individual will be able to develop strong working relationships with the Veritas alliances sales teams that manage AWS and VMware. In addition they will be able to develop strong working relationships with their Marketing counterparts at AWS and VMware to develop effective demand generation programs that identify new opportunities for Veritas within in existing accounts and opportunities within new accounts. The successful candidate will be well versed in marketing methods, including intent, lead management, virtual webinars, digital and social. With a proven track record of return on investment gained working within both field and channel marketing. Experience encompassing Alliances marketing disciplines of creating joint messaging and content (presentations, datasheets, web content, videos, and webinars), and visually stimulating demand assets. And use the content they develop to execute Marketing programs and campaigns that generate pipeline for Veritas and the alliance partners. The ability to influence multiple regional stakeholders and to negotiate effectively within a global matrixed organization to make a difference are critical to the success of this role.
- Own and manage the Marketing relationship with the Alliance partner
- Define and document the Alliance value proposition and joint messaging
- Build core marketing assets that communicate the value of the partnership to existing and prospective end customers. Core assets include a joint pitch deck, partnership overview datasheet, customer references, solution briefs, sales tools, web pages, blog posts, FAQs, and more.
- Develop and execute joint demand generation programs that generate pipeline for Veritas direct sales
- Create marketing campaign materials Veritas channel partners can use to plan and execute demand generation campaigns that will generate pipeline for the partnership joint solutions
- Coordinate with the Regional Marketing organizations as needed to successfully execute campaigns and marketing programs.
- Establish and manage strong working relationships with product marketing, solutions marketing, and corporate marketing and enlist their support as needed to successfully execute the Alliance Marketing strategy
- Leverage internal Account Based Marketing (ABM) capabilities to assist the sales teams that are pursuing active opportunities
- Organize, track, and document all Marketing programs and activities specific to the Alliance. Provide status of programs and activities.
- Direct Veritas’ presence at Alliance partner events. Help secure Alliance partners sponsorship of Veritas events.
- Manage the marketing budget for the partnership. Understand all internal and partner (e.g. MDF) funding sources. Submit partner development fund requests and claims as necessary. Submit internal purchase requisitions and obtain purchase orders as needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations and Partner Operations to ensure leads generated from demand generations activities are captured, routed, and tracked correctly in order to measure pipeline accurately
- Degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years minimum B2B marketing experience
- Proven track record of working with large strategic alliances to develop and execute demand generation programs in the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
- Comfortable with being held accountable for a pipeline target
- Excellent partner relationship management skills
- Strong writing skills
- PowerPoint expert in creating visually appealing deck for internal / external consumption
- Social media and email design skills for creating campaigns
- Pro-active, creative, self-disciplined, and the ability to think strategically
- Experience working with cross-functional global teams and strong team player
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills to communicate Marketing plans and their status to Partner, Sales, Marketing, and Executive audiences
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. If you only meet some of the asks for this role, that's OK! We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team. If you have the curiosity to learn and appetite to teach what you know, we encourage you to apply. Come as you are! Interested? Apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.