U.S. Bank Senior Portfolio Manager in Topeka, Kansas
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Senior Portfolio Manager
Portfolio Managers play a critical part within U.S. Bank’s Enterprise Architecture team. As a portfolio manager, you will work closely with Enterprise Architecture’s (EA) Head of Strategy & Execution to drive results across EA’s most critical programs and products. We’re looking for high performers who can solve problems through both a strategic and operational lens and can operate independently to drive results.
Responsible for managing a portfolio of IT specific products of high complexity and large scope. Is recognized as an expert within the organization and in-depth and breadth of expertise in own discipline including agile, product management and DevOps practices and values. Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and regulatory issues, and recommend process, product, or service improvements. Demonstrates an understanding for financial and business implications and provides appropriate guidance. May lead cross-product teams to achieve milestones and objectives. May lead small functional teams and cross-product teams through work to achieve outcomes.
Responsible for managing the portfolio aligned products. The primary responsibilities of the individual are to oversee compliance with all processes and procedures associated with the intake, approval and tracking processes including the business case model, prioritization, approval processes, and reporting requirements throughout the life cycle of a product.
• Responsible for a well-ordered running of architecture forums under the guidance of Head of EA Governance.
• Partnering with ISS, Risk & Engineering to operationalize effective architecture governance processes for a portfolio of products, applications, blueprints, public & private cloud environments.
• Keeping abreast of internal and external controls and regulatory requirements related to architecture governance, prioritizing them, and incorporating them into existing process and tools.
• Managing the lifecycle of a portfolio of architecture standards and guidelines, position papers, guidance material, reference architectures, and other architecture governance artifacts.
• Partnering with peers to ensure appropriate architecture governance documentation and training is in place for architects.
• Communicating regular updates on all the above to our key stakeholders.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture Management Tools (Alfabet/BizzDesign/Orbus etc.).
• Experience with Cloud Governance Frameworks. Preferably in Azure.
• Experience with Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint & other O365 Products.
• Seasoned expertise in application, data, security, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Mastery of architecture, design, and business processes.
• Expertise in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals.
• Knowledge of architecture governance frameworks like The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other similar frameworks.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 or more years of experience.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $119,595.00 - $140,700.00 - $154,770.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.