Veritas Senior Principal, Product Manager - Analytics in Topeka, Kansas
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
Partners with business, internal/external stakeholders and Leadership to understand current customer experiences, identifies areas of opportunity, create and manage analytics product vision and roadmap.
- Understand customer needs, the competitive landscape, and technology trends, and use this information to define an overall prioritized product strategy.
- Develop full business cases for the product (e.g., new market opportunities, etc.) and present to executives for review and approval.
- Provide guidance and drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment with key partner organizations (e.g., product marketing, technical field enablement, sales specialists and specialist systems engineers).
- Help define our strategies to win (short and long) across all segments.
- Provide analytical, strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables the executive team to isolate business issues; be proactive in providing recommendations for implementing solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field. MBA highly desired.
- 8+ years Product management experience.
- Experience in analytics, machine learning and/or predictive insight technologies.
- Data science experience is a plus
- Clear, crisp communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- Strategic thinker, with a bias towards action.
- Superior analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative. A problem solver who is able to make smart simplifying assumptions.
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations.
- Strong awareness of technology trends and their potential influence.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .