AVEVA Senior Strategic Communications Manager - (Various Functions) in Topeka, Kansas
Senior Strategic Communications Manager - (Various Functions)
Nov 05, 2021
US Home, United States of America
Full Time Permanent
Apply Now (https://avevahr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN7049)
About Our Opportunity
Senior Strategic Communications Manager - Various Functions
Location: Houston, TX
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA’s comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries. Learn more at www.aveva.com.
The Senior Strategic Communications Manager will broadly support the various Functions (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Support) in the execution of the communications to support the strategic business goals for their specific areas. This will be through the development of consistent messages and effective communication and engagement with all relevant stakeholders and internal audiences. Direct and strong stakeholder relationships with the Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer (& CSO) and EVP, Customer Success & Renewals will be integral to this r
You will be responsible for the development of the communications strategy and the development of consistent messages and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders and internal audiences through multiple channels. For example, this includes:
• Share insights and other material through relevant internal channels to support our Customer-facing teams in achieving success.
• Work closely with the relevant teams to develop engaging and creative communication activities to achieve the desired results
• Promote and reinforce an inclusive culture by recognizing the global nature of our business
• Utilize multiple channels relevant to audience and message for maximisze reach.
• Support the relevant Leadership Team members and other key stakeholders in raising their profile and the functional strategy internally both on a functional and business-wide level where relevant.
• Attend and be a proactive member of the relevant leadership meetings
• Work closely with key stakeholders in generating content and messages that support their business objectives.
• Develop relationships to support the sharing of relevant information to our strategic partnership network.
Primary Responsibilities: You will do
• Strategic Communications advice and support to relevant Executive Leadership Team members and their direct reports
• Lead and develop communications to support business delivery, organisation changes, executive updates.
• Develop the annual ‘drumbeat’ strategic plan for all communication activities aligned to the overall business requirements
• Develop communications plans to deliver compelling, engaging communication activities, using multi channels
• Measure effectiveness and report back on levels of engagement and understanding of communications
• Proactively suggest areas/topics/opportunities for communication to support the overall business strategy/requirements based on insights and data
Essential Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Experience: You will have
• 6+ years communications experience working with executive leadership team members
• Senior Communications or Business Partner Experience
• Sound knowledge of industry leading Communications best practice
• Understanding of complex organisations and the required response from communications to work across locations and diverse audience groups
• The adaptability of different channels and approaches based on audience demographics and communications purpose
• A flair for generating new ideas and driving change through new approaches.
• Experience of writing for different channels, content creation and editing and scripts
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Good presentation capabilities
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.