Public Consulting Group Sr Financial Analyst in Topeka, Kansas
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visitwww.publicconsultinggroup.com.
Dynamic, analytical role involving a combination of financial analysis, banking, data analysis, operational process design, and project management support. This role will be on a small but growing Finance team, which supports a wide range of human services consulting and operational engagements. Current projects which may evolve over time include supporting federal and state funded grant management projects, such as those distributing COVID pandemic stabilization funds to child care and other community-based providers. Within these projects, the role will analyze, organize and report grant application and payment disbursement data. In some cases, the role will perform banking functions to distribute funds directly to grant recipients. This role may also support compliance audits or monitoring related to public funds usage. The role may also serve as an analyst and quality assurance reviewer on projects which recommend human service provider payment rates by collecting and analyzing a variety of cost and service data.
- Analyzes current and historical financial trends/impact across projects and completes various data analysis functions, primarily in Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
- Creates and implements financial process workflows for payments and grant funds distribution, such as assisting with grant program initialization, testing, and quality assurance to ensure adherence to project policies and procedures.
- Creates payment batches for import to banking system and produces notices to recipients.
- Develops and improves quality control procedures over payment data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and internal consistency among various data sources.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Provides clear, thorough, and consistent analysis on potential fiscal project risks.
- Leads development of efficiencies in existing finance and operational processes.
- Prepares and presents reports to team members and clients as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to develop complex spreadsheet modeling, analysis and data organization.
- Detail and process improvement oriented, with an orientation toward continuous quality improvement.
- Team player - Our team works together to deliver high quality project performance.
- Proactive - willingness to jump in and execute. Ability to work with minimal guidance in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, supporting multiple projects at once and executing effective time management skills.
- Ability to form and develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels.
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, public administration or related field required.
3-5 years financial analysis or accounting experience.
High level of organizational skills, time management, and accountability.
Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Other desirable experience:
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, or other similar data reporting and visualization tools.
Experience in public funds management, non-profit grants management or other large-scale funds distribution.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.