Black & Veatch Union Construction Operations Manager - Solar in Topeka, Kansas
Union Construction Operations Manager - Solar
Date: Nov 23, 2022
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : BVCI
Req Id : 90322
Job Title : Construction Operations Mgr - Solar
Location : USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : BVC-BVOPS-BVCI CONSTRUCTION
Department: BVCI2 BV OPS UNION CONSTRUCTIO
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Recruiter: Jake A Hojnowski
Union Experience Preferred
Solar Experience Preferred
Accountable for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution. Accountable for success of construction project execution. Has authority to allocate resources and make construction execution decisions for assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual commitments.
Provides construction support for regional construction projects and proposals . Directs administration of construction personnel for regional construction projects . Develops construction execution plan for projects and proposals which minimizes cost and duration of construction activities . Monitors, evaluates, and reports performance of assigned construction projects to regional and division management . Provides recommendations to Director of Construction regarding project staff assignments/teams . Acts as liaison between offices for all construction related matters . Communicates lessons learned . Directs corrective action for discipline problems or poor performance within region
Keeps Department and Human Resources Department involved and informed as required . Enforces and interprets division and department policies, standards, and procedures . Provides regional construction support for international offices and international project offices for proposals, project planning and project execution . Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports . Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities . Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value
Champions continuous improvement efforts
Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities .
Supervise field project managers assigned
- Preferred Skills: . Able to deliver Project Gross Margin on project assignment . Company practices, process and related impact on project activities . Risk assessment policies and procedures . Communication and interpersonal skills . Approach to managing construction operations . Conceptual planning ability . Problem solving skills . Leadership skills
Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction or equivalent relevant experience. 10-20 years of construction operations experience, based on assigned area of operations. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
OSHA, Risk Management, Project Management courses
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Engineering