GKN Aerospace Technician - Manufacturing Engineering - N/C Programming in Wellington, Kansas
Technician - Manufacturing Engineering - N/C Programming
Apply now »
Date:Nov 18, 2021
Location: Wellington, KS, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager Manufacturing Engineering, this position creates work instructions and prepares programs to be read by controllers on computer numerically controlled machines for the purpose of producing precision machined metal parts in conformance with customer design specifications.
• Prepares Numerical Control Programs and related documentation for producing a precision part on a numerical Control machine
• Methodize cutting approach for optimum efficiency of material removal and part compliance
• Select cutting tools suitable for particular part/machine tool
• Prove out Numerical Control programs on the shop floor
• Follow the part progress through inspection and other processing cycles for discrepancies and optimizations
• Liaison with customer as required regarding delivery, blueprint questions, lean ideas, cost reductions, etc.
• Identifies improvement opportunities in NC programming
• Provides support for machine operations
• Creates process sheets that clearly define Process Procedures
• Perform other related duties as required
• Adhere to strict schedule and budget restraints
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, or in lieu of degree ten plus years related CATIA experience, preferably V5
• 6 plus years of related CATIA experience, preferably V5
• Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
• Experience in tool (fixture) design
• Knowledge/Experience using Vericut
• Knowledge of manufacturing concepts
• Ability to grasp modern technology quickly
• Must be a good communicator
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behaviour
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.