Kansas Works Veterans Jobs

Kansas Works Logo

Job Information

Emprise Bank Account Recovery Advisor I in Wichita, Kansas

At Emprise Bank, everything we do is focused on empowering people to thrive. We proudly work to provide an extraordinary customer experience to help our customers achieve their goals.

The Account Recovery Advisor I is responsible for administrative, technical and professional work within the credit administration function. This position is responsible for delinquent loan accounts, collection process support, process administration and communication.

On average, approximately 60% of your workload will consist of customer calls and the other 40% will consist of a variety of administrative support duties.

A successful candidate will have:

  • Previous collections experience in a banking environment

  • An understanding of the loan process

  • The ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities efficiently

  • Excellent written communication & proficient typing skills

  • Confident, clear and articulate verbal communication skills

  • A professional demeanor

  • Initiative and a strong work ethic


  • Delinquent Loan Accounts-Review prescribed data and identify delinquent loan accounts; review borrower history to determine communication course of action; communicate via phone and mail with delinquent account holders; maintain files on charged-off loans in accordance with procedures

  • Collection Process Support- Develop internal processes in compliance with regulatory and security requirements; follow procedures for the collection of delinquent accounts; recommend and order liquidations, foreclosures and repossessions as approved

  • Process Administration- Document standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in processes; review current processes for efficiency and effectiveness on an ongoing basis; collaborate across departments to seek process improvements; update procedures as needed

  • Communication-Interact with Emprise associates, customers, other banks and vendors relative to areas of concern involving collections; escalate issues as needed

  • Other duties as assigned within the scope and responsibility of the job


  • Problem Solving-Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions and resolves problems in early stages.

  • Quality-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence and looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.

  • Quantity-Meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity, works quickly and achieves established goals.

  • Service Orientation-Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Focuses on customers’ needs. Responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback. Explains financial concepts clearly.


  • High School Diploma or GED

  • 1-3 yrs of collection experience REQUIRED

  • Banking experience preferred

  • Proficiency with large server based applications and typical desktop software


In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, Emprise offers professional growth, a rewarding and challenging environment, opportunities to be involved in our communities, and a culture of integrity, passion, and success. We also offer shift differential pay for bilingual candidates!

At Emprise Bank, empowering people to thrive means having an all-inclusive culture that honors our commitment to all dimensions of diversity in our workforce and embraces inclusion of all people. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

To learn more, please visit our website at www.emprisebank.com.

Emprise Bank is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veteran Employer/Member FDIC/Drug Free Workplace.

Emprise Bank participates in E-Verify and will provide your Form-I 9 to the federal government to confirm authorization to work in the United States.