Wichita State University Administrative Specialist -991661 in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12457410
Position Title Administrative Specialist\ Position Number 991661\ Position Status Full-Time\ Regular Work Hours M-F, 8a-5p\ Location Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campus
Position Specific Responsibilities: Raring to do more, jugglers & project manager person wanted! This is not your typical administrative position because this unique team pivots constantly based on technology & trends within the professional world. We need an efficient, attentive, & master juggler to bring their adventures into organized chaos. You are involved in reporting stats, budget aspects, event coordination, updates, scheduling & deadline completion but this is all just in your first hour! You must be resilient & eager to have a mixed bag of tasks but able to deliver information & jump in on projects in motion & still want more! Truly hoping for a jack of all trades & master of none to tackle this ever-evolving position in this specific program at the university.
Summary of Responsibilities: Performs a variety of professional and administrative duties that facilitate the operations of a function(s), program(s), and/or department(s).
- Supports the programs and services provided by the department(s) by performing varied or related processes which may include creating and maintaining databases and websites, monitoring, facilitating, and enforcing compliance with established criteria, guidelines and standards, etc.
- May coordinate, attend, prepare materials for and/or take minutes at meetings and special events.
- May prepare or assist in the preparation of budgets, grant applications, proposals, status reports and/or financial statements.
- May identify and pursue ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures used by students, faculty, visitors and staff.
- May order and maintain sufficient inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- May be assigned to lead, assist, coordinate or support special projects as needed.
Requirements\ Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent by hire date\ Preferred Education\ Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of experience in general office, clerical, administrative support or related field\ Preferred Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to greet incoming calls, visitors and deliveries
- Provide administrative support to Dean, staff, and faculty with diverse backgrounds
- Capable with multitasking and managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Learn process budget, personnel, and purchasing actions
- Support events and projects provided by the department
- Basic Microsoft Office suites working knowledge
- Maintain organized office and computer filing and tracking systems
Licenses, Certificates and Registrations None\ Sponsorship\ User Export Compliance\ \ Department Information: Department - 102379-Innovation and Design
Salary Information: Pay Information - Pay range \$37,500 to \$45,000/yr, adjustable with experience\ Overtime Eligibility Yes\ Eligible for Shift Differential? No\ Benefits Eligible? Yes
Requisition Details:\ Posting Date 03/15/2023\ Closing Date\ Proposed Start Date 04/03/2023
Physical Demands / Physical Requirements\ Ability to remain in a stationary position. Frequent 60-90%\ Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment including but not limited to phone, printers, copiers, and calculators. Frequent 60-90%\ Ability to communicate with others and accurately exchange information. Frequent 60-90%
Physical Weight Category: Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves remaining stationary most of the time.\ \ Supplemental Questions - Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
*Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment vi