Wichita State University* Assistant Professor, Social Work in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12458557
Position Title: Assistant Professor-, Social Work
Position Number: 998177
Full-Time/Part-Time? Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities: The School of Social Work invites applications for a nine-month tenure-eligible faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in August 2023. This position will teach 3 courses per semester in the undergraduate and graduate social work programs; provide advising and consultation to students; conduct and publish scholarly work; and perform relevant departmental, college, university, professional, community outreach, and service.
US Export Compliance Requirement
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated potential to conduct research and seek and secure grant funding
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to use relevant technologies in teaching, research, curriculum development, and instructional design with the willingness to teach across the curriculum.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work with culturally diverse and underrepresented populations as well as a commitment to social justice.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to contribute in areas of outreach and service to the department, college, university, profession, and community.
Additional Information- Application Instructions:Applicants should be prepared to upload the following documents:
1. 1. Cover letter 2. Curriculum Vitae 3. Diversity statement (attach as Other Document 1) 4. Writing sample (attach as Other Document 2)
Women and others from historically underrepresented and oppressed populations are encouraged to apply. Wichita State University (WSU) does not discriminate in its employment practices, or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of age (40 years or older), ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Kansas Board of Regents policy. All employees of Wichita State University are expected to support theWSUVision, Mission and Values and to help foster an environment rich in diversity of culture, thought and experience. Candidates for faculty positions should be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively educate and empower a diverse student population.\ \ Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.Questions should be directed to: Stacey Popejoy at email@example.com
Location: Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campus
Salary Information:Proposed Salary or Hourly Rate - Commensurate with education and experience
Eligible for Shift Differential? No
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Position Description Information:
Regular Hours of Work: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, with some evenings and weekends as needed for teaching or other events
Environmental Factors -Typical classroom and office environment; Classroom and office noise, temperature and lighting all fluctuate.
Proposed Job Duties:
- Responsibility/Duty Teaching Importance (E) Essential Percentage 50%
- Responsibility/Duty Conduct and Publish Scholarly Work Importance (E) Essential Percentage 40%
- Responsibility/Duty Outreach and service Importance (E) Essential Percentage 10%
Physical Demands/Physical Requirements - Physical Activity
Activity Standing, Walking, Hearing, Sitting, Vision-Straight Ahead, Visual Acuity-Far, Visual Acuity- Near, Vocal Ability, Operate Technology and/or Equipment Frequency Daily
Physical Requirements - Weight Activity
Activity(weight) Carrying Frequency Daily Weight 5-20 lbs. (books, equipment, etc.)
Activity(weight) Lifting Frequency Daily Weight&nbs