Kansas Employer Audit Senior Staff - Construction & Real Estate in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12746534
The Audit Senior Staff is expected to correctly perform routine engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner. Individual must be able to meet assigned deadlines. An Audit Senior Staff is familiar with audit standard concepts, practices and procedures. He/she may lead and direct the work of others and relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Required Experience and Education:
Construction and/or Real Estate experience is auditing is desired. Masters degree in Accounting or Finance, or bachelors degree with the 150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam. 3-5 years in relevant position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares audit workpapers and conducts audit research as needed
- Prepares a variety of detailed accounting and statistical functions relating to auditing
- Effectively manages responsibilities on audit engagements
- Uses reference materials in researching auditing issues
- Develops an understanding of the audit clients industry and marketplace
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with audit team members, and enhance service delivery
- Maintains accurate time and expense records to ensure proper billing of clients
- Complies with relevant continuing professional education requirements of the AICPA, State Board of Accountancy, Governmental Accounting Standards, and the firm
- Enhances the firm image by demonstrating executive presence. This means instilling confidence in those you meet by manner, spoken and written word and professional appearance
- Works closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development
- Maintains strong client service relationships and cross-sell services as appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge effectively through written and verbal communication; seeks to continuously develop communication skills
- Increasingly builds knowledge base on the firms industry lines and service offerings
- Promotes the ideas, values, mission and vision of the firm and supports the one-firm concept
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics:
- Professional and mature attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Effectively communicate through oral and written means
- Client service oriented
- Commitment to the profession and the firm
- Aptitude to learn and effectively use multiple software applications
- Ability to apply principles of accounting to analyze and prepare financial information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Ability to work well with others
Adams Brown, LLC promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday through January through April 15th and close at noon on Fridays April 15th through December 31st.
We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
Additional hours are required to meet client expectations and nee s. There may be occasional overnight travel out-of-town.
AdamsBrown, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.