Kansas Employer Automotive Program Director in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12540917
Job Title: Automotive Program Director
At WSU Tech, we are dedicated to promoting quality higher education and leadership in workforce training that supports economic development for a global economy. Our experienced faculty and staff are committed to helping students achieve their goals by providing hands-on experience, state-of-the-art facilities, and individualized support and guidance. We operate in a values-based culture and strive towards our behaviors in everything we do.\ \ Whether you are starting your education journey or are looking to advance your career experiences, WSU Tech has the resources and expertise to help you succeed. Join us and discover the possibilities for your future!
Compensation: TBA\ Worksite Location: TBA
Overview/Position Summary The position involves teaching courses and maintaining the curriculum within the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) standards. The job requires expertise in the subject matter, enthusiasm for teaching, and the ability to stimulate student interest. Responsibilities include developing and filing course syllabi, selecting instructional materials, and making suggestions for curriculum improvement. The instructor must teach classes according to the approved syllabus, keep students informed about course requirements and progress, and maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records. Lead faculty responsibilities in manufacturing/aviation include managing equipment, overseeing lab maintenance, ordering supplies, and assisting with program scheduling and curriculum changes. The lead faculty member also mentors adjunct faculty, participates in Industry Advocate Team meetings, and ensures compliance with licensure/certification requirements. The job requires effective teamwork, professional communication, flexibility, productivity, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Files an appropriate course syllabus for each course taught within the course shell of the appropriate Learning Management System.
- Ensures that each program/class contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency.
- Complies with all National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) standards to ensure program accreditation.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulates enthusiasm for those subjects.
- Submits annual program review information, assessment data and works collaboratively on annual budget with the department Dean.
- Studies and utilizes students\' learning styles in each class in order to facilitate the best teaching and learning situations. Maximizes the learning opportunities for each student.
- Assumes other work-related responsibilities as assigned by the department Dean.
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and related experiencerequired, Bachelors Degreepreferred.
- Master Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
- Must be available for required course assignments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to process, enter and audit data accurately and quickly.
Hours per Week: 40
Work Hours: 8a - 5p
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Requir d Education Associate Degree
Required Experience 4 years
\ WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents, and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.