Actalent Avionics Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
In your role, you will:
• With oversight create deliverables to support new aircraft designs or modifications such as
o System schematics
o Supplier requirement documents
o System descriptions
o Interface control documents
o Wiring diagrams
o Certification plans to FAA, TCCA and EASA standards
o Issue papers
o Functional test requirements or test plans
o Test reports
o Design compliance reports
• Review installation drawings, qualification test data and reports
• Decompose internal or external customer statements of work into detailed requirements
• Analyze ground and flight test data to verify system performance and functionality
• Research specifications for components selections
• Support change management through research, concepts, design reviews, trade studies, impact analysis, and implementation
• Work with suppliers and internal customers to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve aircraft build or test issues
• Support internal and external design reviews and program governance sessions
• Show compliance to 14CFR Part 25 FAA, TCCA, and EASA certification requirements.
special missions, part 25, component design, flight test, troubleshooting, avionics design, wiring design, test plans, electrical design, certification, six sigma, cybersecurity, system safety, Ms teams, installation drawings
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• You hold a Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in electrical/avionics system design or related field is preferred.
• A working knowledge of applicable regulatory certification rules (FAA, EASA, TCCA) is a plus
• A working knowledge of Cybersecurity and System Safety aspects of certification is a plus
• You are proficient with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
• Engineering Design for Six Sigma or Six Sigma Process training is a plus.
• A working knowledge of electrical, avionics, and wire harness design guidelines for CFR Part 25 aircraft is preferred
• You must be a self-starter, able to decompose moderately complex projects into individual tasks and processes.
• You must exhibit excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• You should be an organized individual, able to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional individuals, departments and organizations with a general good attitude and disposition.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.