HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Case Manager Social Worker PRN in Wichita, Kansas
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Case Management department.
At Wesley Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Our Case Management teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Social Worker with us:
* In partnership with RN Case Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
* You will be responsible for responding timely to referrals from RN Case Manager or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health are identified
* You will perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of care for high risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial needs
* Your role will identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical, and spiritual
* You will provide education to patients and caregivers regarding community resources and post-acute level of care criteria, benefits, and coverage
* You will engage in community outreach and program development
* Your role will assist patients and caregivers with end of life issues, from advance directives to grief support
* You will provide psychosocial support to patients and caregivers for adjustment to patients’ chronic and/ or terminal illness/death What qualifications you will need: * Current state licensure as a social worker by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board * Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course through American Heart Assoc. and American Red Cross - Healthcare Provider CPR * Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited institution * Knowledge about internal, community and post-acute care resources * Certification in social work or case management preferred * Acute care social work or case management experience within the hospital preferred * Master’s degree in social work from accredited institution One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Case Management
Title: Case Manager Social Worker PRN
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-23557