KAMAN Composites - Wichita *** Compliance and Contracts Manager in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12541025
Has the overall responsibility and ownership of both contracts and compliance functions. Responsible for overseeing a variety of contracts of medium to large dollar value and technical complexity with various U.S. Government agencies, aerospace OEMs, or other industrial firms, both domestic and international customers. Manage and administer all aspects of standard and non-standard contracts, including budget, schedule, scope, risk and quality for large and complex programs with participation of multiple sites including international locations. Ensure efficient and profitable management of the program. Support business development efforts by working closely with Business Development personnel. Negotiate contracts through communication with customers and internal personnel, directly or through Program Management or Business Development personnel. Administer contract compliance and performance to specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with proposal submittal, negotiates prices, schedules, terms and conditions with customers, ensuring terms are fair, acceptable, and risks and liabilities are identified and mitigated.
- Screens all requests for quotations and identifies legal clauses requiring validation or exception.
- Justifies labor rates, burdens, labor hours and material estimates during negotiations.
- Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Assists with the issuing of new sales orders upon signing of contract; describes work to be performed, delivery schedules, any unusual terms or conditions of the contract to ensure all terms and conditions are met.
- Evaluates contract performance to determine the necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Submits and negotiates changes or modifications to contract as requested by the customer or as desired by the company.
- Maintains communication to ensure timely contract execution by parties internal and external.
- Plans and coordinates SOX testing and remediation on an on-going basis to ensure that the business unit remains compliant with all aspects of the law while doing so in a cost-effective manner. Interfaces with corporate entities, internal and external auditors and ensures that proper documentation of processes and testing is maintained.
- Maintains close liaison with the customer throughout the life of the contract.
- Prepares periodic reports showing pending delinquencies, sales forecasts, sales order status, etc. to keep management fully informed of progress.
- Close-out completed contracts with customers to ensure all interests are satisfied.
- Maintain knowledge of current Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense Supplements (DFARS) and international contracting regulations through contacts with various U.S Government agencies, customer contacts and government/international trade journals.
- Works with Purchasing. May be responsible to prepare, submit and monitor small business subcontracting plants/reports.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks/projects within the agreed time frames with the appropriate level of quality. Able to manage multiple projects, organize and schedule people tasks and successfully accomplish yearly goals. Regularly pushes self and others for results.
- Responsible for the KCW PMO office and facilitating the New Product Integration (NPI) process across the site.
- Responsible for facilitating the Opex-Task Schedule Statement (TSS) process, and driving Operati ng Income (OI) improvements across the site.
- Responsible for assuring Program health and cost profiles to budget projections through deployment of Program Management disciplines
- Required to travel domestically and internationally on company business.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in addition to the essential functions listed above.