FleetPride Counter Parts Sales Representative in Wichita, Kansas
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Fluid Power Counter Sales
To service customers by phone or in person through sales of heavy duty parts in accordance with identified customer needs and availability of parts in order to make a profit for FleetPride. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
- Help determine and obtain heavy duty parts for customers as requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for full service.
- Locate and obtain ordered part for customer from central warehouse or branch.
- Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance with company procedure.
- Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance with company procedure.
- Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company procedure
- Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and appropriate.
- Process approved credits for customer when merchandise is returned.
- Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as required by company procedure.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product features.
- Provide customers with product catalogs.
- Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs, reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and deletions.
- Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure that display areas encourage sales.
- Ensure that product catalogs are current. Discard old ones and replace with new ones.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are communicating; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner.
- Time management: Managing one’s time and the time of others.
- Reading_ Comprehension_: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Physical Demands
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge level of Windows XP (excel, word and outlook)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales; sales of heavy-duty automotive parts preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time