VMware Cyber Compliance Program Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Wichita, Kansas
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will be a great fit for this role if you are passionate about working collaboratively with cross functional teams in developing, implementing, and maintaining information security management systems within organizations. You are motivated to ensure effective management systems are designed to enable speed and scale of the business. Leveraging your cybersecurity, governance, risk and compliance knowledge and expertise, you will play a critical role contributing to the company’s initiative in managing compliance governance & risk for products and service offerings at VMware.
Your work as a Compliance Program Manager focusing on ISO 27001 compliant information security management systems will directly and visibly contribute to enabling our overall strategy and success. You will work closely with the senior leaders in the organization to solve complex strategic problems that are top of mind for our executives.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
• Within 30 days of employment, gain an understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance and our internal stakeholder workings, what we do, why we do it and how we measure it all.
• Within 90 days, you will work closely with leaders in Security & Resiliency, Privacy, Legal, and PCS to combine existing management systems between information security and privacy into one integrated management system optimizing efficiencies within the data protection charter at VMware.
• Within 180 days, you will be driving key management system processes and overseeing key metrics and measurement objectives
• Within 360 days, along with the above, you will be discovering new ways to drive improvements, new strategic services and proactively leading our teams to create efficiencies and pivot towards new challenges.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
• Review & drive enhancements using strong understanding and expertise related to ISO 27001 ISMS, ISO 27701 PIMS. ISO 9001 knowledge is preferred
• Ensure metrics and measurements are defined and captured to validate the management system is effective
• Accurately maintain management system documentation
• Drive and support Risk Assessments and Risk Treatment plans for Cloud Delivered Service Offerings
• Use MS Sharepoint, Teams, PowerPoint and other applications to prepare and present status of project and program to all levels of management
• Strong technical background and information security management system expertise
• Experience in supporting compliance and audits
• Proven track record leading large-scale programs in a distributed organization.
• Effective verbal and written communication and comfort with both business and technical discussions with senior level audiences
• Experience in building relationships and leading through influence
• Hands on experience managing projects and large-scale transformations
• Capable of understanding both technology and business
• Great teammate willing to passionately roll up their sleeves and work cross-functionally to get things done
• Ability to learn quickly with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
• Ability to adapt quickly and be able to pivot when needed.
Preferred Certifications like - ISO 27001 Lead Implementor
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
CRISC & CISA
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of the Compliance Services team reporting to the Director, Compliance Services. The Compliance Services team is comprised of a team of dedicated compliance governance program professionals. The team prides itself on delivering high quality execution and serving as a trusted advisor to Compliance Teams, Legal, and the business to meet compliance requirements and enabling customer trust.
Where is this role located?
Remote: this role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in USA.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
· Generous Time Off Programs
· 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
· Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
· Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
· Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
** “This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.”
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Technology Compliance
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-05-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.