Kansas Employer Education Outreach Assistant in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12434396
\$14.25 per hour to start. Raise upon completion of required certification. Additional raise up to \$16.00 per hour after positive 90- day Evaluation. This program is underwritten by a grant.
Simple IRA after 1-year Full Time
Paid Time Off
May work weekends and evenings as needed
\$1000 bonus after 1 year if program requirements are met and a satisfactory 1-year evaluation is completed by Director of Education.
High School diploma or above.
Experience or a passion to learn outreach, communications, community relations or marketing. Experience with all Microsoft products is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and group skills.
- Accurate, conscientious and flexible to details.
- Accepts direction, is well organized, and has the ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to relate effectively with individuals from poverty-stricken communities within areas.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid drivers license, and the willingness to travel within Wichita. (Mileage is reimbursed at current IRS guidelines.)
- Must be able to pass a DOJ background check.
- Individual hired must be willing to take and pass the Credit Counseling Certification within 90 days.
- Legal right to work in Kansas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work under the direction of the Director of Education to develop and deliver educational presentations to community, employers, and school groups. Draft articles for media distribution and general promotion of our services.
Maintain all reporting requirements for grants. Keep files up to date and accurate as to support audits, grants, and accreditation visits. Attend partner meetings as needed.
Keep up to date on a broad range of consumer protection and basic financial issues such as, credit card disclosures, fair debt collection, and credit reports and scores. Collect and account for class fees, prepare required certificates as needed.
Assist Director of Education on all educational programs as needed or assigned. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.