Greater Wichita YMCA Fitness Floor Associate - El Dorado YMCA in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11747148
Fitness Floor Associate - El Dorado YMCA, El DoradoGeneral InformationJob Title:Fitness Floor Associate - El Dorado YMCALocation:300 N. Main StEl Dorado, KS, 67042United StatesEmployee Type:Variable HourJob Category:WELLNESSIndustry:Fitness, Health & WellnessManage Others:NoDescriptionJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for creating a friendly and supportive fitness floor environment.
2. Responsible for providing demonstrations and greeting and engaging members while walking all areas of the fitness floor area.
3. Responsible for providing fitness and equipment demonstrations and explanations for members and guests.
4. Maintaining all documentation of participation, schedules, white board messages and member requests.
5. Conducting regular follow-up phone calls and communication with participants.
6. Providing regular and clear communication with other YMCA staff regarding fitness floor activity, personal training scheduling and any issues.
7. Checking the safety and maintenance of equipment regularly and reporting any issues to Fitness Director.
8. Responsible for enforcing fitness floor and association policies at all times.
9. Maintaining a clean and safe facility that lends itself to great customer service and follows all risk management procedures and policies.
10. Educating and encouraging members to participate in the Strong Community Campaign.
11. Attending staff and association meetings and/or trainings directed by the Fitness Director.
12. All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Provide leadership and management to ensure a safe facility, high performing staff and full engagement with members and program participants.
RequirementsMINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum age of 21
2. Bachelor’s degree, or currently pursuing degree, in exercise science or related field
3. Minimum of two years customer service experience
1. Must be able to routinely perform the following physical activities; climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for extended periods of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity to perform detailed tasks
2. Must have ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing
3. Must possess problem solving, organizational and task management skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing environment
4. Must be detail oriented and exhibit a high degree of accuracy and alertness
5. Must demonstrate initiative in absence of supervision
6. Must be able to build meaningful relationships and relate to and work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner
7. Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines
8. Must possess ability to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality
9. Must present a neat and professional appearance at all times
1. Commitment to the YMCA mi ssion, vision and values
2. Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
3. Complete CPR/AED, First Aid, O2, Listen First Workshop, and Fitness Modules, 4 Week FFA/PT Training, YUSA Online Trainings, Foundations of Strength & Conditioning (or acceptable certification) or ACSM in accordance with Conditions of Employment
4. Learn all emergency procedures and action plans for the branch
5. Understand and abide-by all policies and procedures as set forth by the association
6. Work a schedule that reflects the needs of the branch; including evenings and weekends
SummaryUnder the direction of the Fitness Director, the Fitness Floor Associate Trainee will learn about the association’s standards by working with and observing other Fitness Floor Associates moving about the fitness floor, creating a friendly and supportive environment, building relationships, providing demonstrations and answering general questions while ensuring safety, YMCA policies and exceptional customer service.