Kansas Employer Great Plains Mission Acceleration Center Director in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12739112
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to lead a newly established technology innovation center focused on supporting the Department of Defense. This position is located in Wichita, Kansas. The Center will be responsible for working closely with Department of Defense Mission Partners, venture capitalists, and innovative small and medium size businesses in identifying and connecting the Department of Defense to cutting-edge technologies to enhance their operational capabilities. The Director will be responsible for driving the strategic development of the Center and ensuring its financial sustainability and successful operation.
Provides technical and program management and oversight to one or more programs. Acts as the primary point of contact with customers. Attains external grant and contract funding specific to the research performed in the program. Obtains university partnerships and collaborates with internal and external partners. Defines current and future technology advances to enhance the program. Prepares the long and short-term business plans for the program.
- Provides technical and program management and oversight to one or more programs.
- Acts as the primary point of contact with customers. Obtains university partnerships, and collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Attains external grant and contract funding specific to the research performed in the laboratory
- Defines current and future technology advances to enhance the program.
- Prepares the long and short-term business plans for the program.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the Mission Acceleration Center in alignment with the goals and priorities of the Department of Defense and FirePoint.
- Create a collaboration environment that enables the exchange of ideas and technology in support of specific Department of Defense technology objectives.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team possessing subject matter expertise in the areas of venture capital, DoD mission, DoD acquisition, and emerging technology that will drive new capabilities into the Department of Defense.
- Work closely with Department of Defense stakeholders to understand and anticipate their technology requirements. Ensure the Centers technology development efforts are focused on meeting those needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key technology partners, both within and outside of the government, to leverage their expertise and capabilities.
- Oversee the Centers budget and expenditures to ensure that all resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Foster a culture of innovation within the Center, promoting collaboration and creativity among the team.
- Maintain and develop knowledge on the latest technology trends and developments and assess their potential impact as they relate to the Department of Defenses mission.
- Strong understanding of the DoDs organizational structure as well as its technology needs and priorities.
- Ability to develop and market capabilities to key DoD Stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, industry partners, and venture capitalists.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.