Actalent Mechanical Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
• Prepare all necessary documents, such as specifications, mechanical drawings, and reports related to aircraft mechanical and interior modifications.
• Create interior design engineering team for aircraft new cabin upgrades.
• Work under direction on the mechanical lead with outside vendors, internal departments and other engineering disciplines for design engineering
• Work with aircraft techs for drawing deviations
• Support change management through research, concepts, design reviews, trade studies, impact analysis, and implementation.
• Research specifications for components selections. Work with suppliers and internal customers to assist with production investigating, troubleshooting, and resolution of build and test issues.
• Support statement of work and bids for new customer requests.
• Review supplier and other internal Work Package (WP) documentation.
• Coordinate configurations and requirements for optional systems on the aircraft.
• Provide extensive coordination with suppliers and internal support groups
• Work in a team environment
• Provide input to root cause analyses and proposed solutions
Catia, AutoCAD, Mechanical engineering, aerospace, aircraft design, aircraft
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• You hold a Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering or minimum of 5 years working in mechanical design engineering capacity.
• You have a general knowledge of applicable regulatory certification rules (FAA, EASA, TCCA)
• You have a working knowledge of mechanical and interior design guidelines for CFR Part 25 aircraft
• You must have experience in computer-aided design and software, such as AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.
• You have working knowledge of aircraft materials, standard parts and procedures required.
• You have Modification/Completion experience with Bombardier line of aircraft
• You must be able to contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects
• You must be able to provide input to technical solutions on a wide range of problems
• You must be a self-starter, able to decompose moderately complex projects into individual tasks and processes.
• You must exhibit excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• You should be an organized individual, able to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional individuals, departments and organizations with a general good attitude and disposition
• You must be proficient with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.