Wichita State University NIAR Business Manager I in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12458592
Position Title NIAR Business Manager I
Position Number new
Position Status Full-Time
Regular Work Hours Typically Monday Friday, 8am 5pm; work is performed onsite and in-person
Location Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campust
Position Specific Responsibilities: The National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) is a fast-growing area withinWSU, known globally for our expertise in the most critical areas of aerospace research and development. We are looking for a Business Manager who has the aptitude to be professional and to build rapport with stakeholders, while managing a high volume of transactions with the ability to pay attention to detail and problem solve.
Summary of Responsibilities: Manages the daily administrative and financial operations of a portfolio of centers, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, procurement cards, travel, property management, and management of each centers annual budget. Serves as an interface between the centers and central University administration. Responsible for troubleshooting issues, and identifying and communicating risks and issues.
- Manages accounts receivable such as preparing and submitting invoices; data entry; managing journal entries and deposits; resolving payment issues with customers and centers; following up on aging receivables; accounting for revenue sources; knowledge of F&A application and the components of the centers billing rates.
- Manages accounts payable such as data entry; maintaining records; advising of proper policies and procedures; tracking and reporting monthly expenditures; inputting and adjusting budgets; receiving invoices and preparing reports and documents for payment.
- Manages property management and P-card coordination such as asset tagging and ensuring assets are coded correctly, reconciling statements and submitting reports and expenses as needed.
- Assists leadership with development of revenue projections and spend plans, entering yearly budget data into the financial system, and managing actuals against projections.
- Coordinates and prepares travel arrangements and reimbursements for center employees.
- Develops efficient and standardized policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Bachelors degree in business, management, accounting, or related field by hire date.
Minimum Experience One (1) year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to facilitate solid business decisions.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to efficiently process a high volume of transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and active listening skills
- *Professionalism, confidentiality, and the ability to build a positive rapport with others
Licenses, Certificates and RegistrationsNone
Sponsorship No, due to export control requirements, the University cannot sponsor applicants for employment authorization for this position.
User Export Compliance: This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a \"U.S. Person.
Department Information: Department - 102155-National Institute for Aviation Res
Salary Information: Pay Information -Commensurate with Experience
Overtime Eligibility No
Eligible fo Shift Differential? No
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Posting Date 03/16/2023
Proposed Start Date
Physical Demands: Physical Requirements
Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment including but not limited to phone, p