Johnson Controls, Inc.* Plant Assistant Controller in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11294361
What will you do:
Assist in month-end closing cycle, including journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, and reporting.
GRIR Reconciliation: Analyze and resolve old items on the GRIR reports, perform Vendor Reconciliations.
How will you do it:
- Responsible for the calculation and analysis of inventory reserves, e.g., Excess, Obsolete, and Shrink.
- Assist in the coordination of annual physical inventories. Explains book to physical differences and establishes procedures to eliminate inventory variances.'
- Prepare documentation for audit purpose.
- Analysis standard cost roll results and reporting. Back up for the standard cost roll up process.
- Assist in the improvement of existing processes and development of new tools regarding inventory accuracy and reconciling standard costs.
- Assist Plant Controller with Annual/Quarterly Budgets and Forecasting.
Assist in internal and external audit.'
- Analyzes reports (e.g. scrap, productivity and spending) for variance problems.
- Performs reconciliation for fixed assets and capital in progress to General Ledger for their location.'
- Assist in preparation/review of CAR financial justifications for plant capital projects.'