VMware Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Wichita, Kansas
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The CB Endpoint Security Platform helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards
At VMware Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology
Things here might be exciting, fun, and challenging, but it doesn’t mean we don’t make time to elevate our careers. With a leadership team that values our people, our employees are given tons of tools to take their careers to the next level. Where will you take yours?
Why You Matter
The DevOps Infrastructure team drives the creation of scalable, resilient and stable environments through Infrastructure as code. We are looking for organic innovation and adoption of cutting-edge cloud technologies in the frameworks and tools we develop for Infrastructure provisioning and service deployments. We are looking for an engineer that can provide thought and design leadership and establish best practices. This role spans across Kubernetes based IaC, as well as other aspects of pipeline tooling
What You’ll Do
• Optimize tools and processes for efficiency, cost, stability and developer productivity
• Leverage programming skills to design and develop DevOps tooling on various infrastructure platforms
• Research, evaluate and select the right solutions from new and existing tools
• Evangelize standardized process and framework across services where relevant
• Support the extended engineering team in troubleshooting Infrastructure code failures
• Collaborate cross functionally with managers, architects and engineers to align on decisions
• Collaborate with Senior architects and leadership team on the north star vision and design relevant solutions
• Up-skill engineers through mentoring and code reviews and build subject matter experts
• Assess deficiencies and points of failure in our system and design resolutions
• Help the team adopt new technologies on an ongoing basis, to solve complex problems
What You’ll Bring
• 9+ years of Software Engineering and/or SRE experience
• Experience architecting, implementing, maintaining scalable critical production infrastructure
• Extensive experience with Kubernetes, Helm, CI/CD and config management tools
• Deep understanding of Kubernetes fundamentals and architecture
• Excellent Kubernetes diagnostic experience
• Proven hands-on cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure, Google etc) and services such as EC2, EKS, S3, VPC etc
• Experience working with cloud provider automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible etc
• Strong analytical and programming skills (Python, Go, Java etc)
• Experience working with Kubernetes on large scale production clusters preferred
• Strong understanding of scale and performance impact of Infrastructure design
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
• Experience with monitoring solutions for troubleshooting
• Experience with CRD/Operator patterns is a plus
• Understanding of virtualization and experience supporting virtualized environments is a plus
• Solid understanding of networking is a plus
• Security Experience a plus
For positions located in Colorado: This position has a salary range starting at $139,000, annually. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-1115
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackUSA referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.