VMware Senior Software Engineer, Ethereum Full-stack - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Wichita, Kansas
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Exciting opportunity for a Staff Engineer, Ethereum Full-stack in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be working with a team of engineers dedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the best Enterprise Blockchain solution. At VMware, we are building an Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector. In this role, you will work with a team of talented people from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware’s Research Group. Our team values diversity, teamwork, and open thought to align with VMware’s EPIC2 values. Are you ready for your next great adventure with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
This person would have significant experience in Ethereum and full-stack technologies. They need to have strong communication skills and the ability to work across teams around the world. They would also have experience in designing, developing, implementing and testing microservices following established architectural standards and industry best practices.
• Developing scalable Ethereum DApp/L2 microservices to solve complex business problems
• Provide guidance and architectural oversight during solution fit, requirements, and design to ensure that the end-to-end solution remains aligned to the overall technical strategy and target architecture
• Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in open-source Ethereum ecosystem and identify where and how new capabilities can be utilized
• Maintain a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems and resolve issues
• 7+ years of experience in software engineering
• At least 2 years of hands-on Ethereum/Solidity/Web3 experience
• Strong knowledge of Solidity smart contracts along with Blockchain/DLT fundamentals
• Highly experienced with one or more web3 libraries such as Web3js, Etherjs, Web3j, Web3py, development environments/frameworks like Hardhat or Truffle
• Highly experienced with TypeScript and Nodejs
• Experience with other programming languages like Python, Java or Go
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience in developing REST/JSON RPC services
• Familiarity with RDBMS and NoSQL database technology
• Experience using modern software configuration management tools in an automated build environment such as Git and Jenkins
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.