Actalent Structural Design Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
• Experience in mechanical design with emphasis on doors. This would include hinge and latch mechanisms design.
• Ability to design complex kinematic solutions in a conceptual design environment
• Extensive experience in space vehicle design. Guide engineers in structural design.
• Guide structural architecture definition through identification and proposing advanced technology.
• Support design through trade studies, concept development, interface development.
• Experience in CATIA part design/assembly design/surface-wireframe/composites workbench.
• Composites primary and secondary structure design.
• High temp material forming.
• GD&T experience
• Desired Specialties if available:
• Wing Design.
• Fuselage Design.
• Vertical Tail Design.
• Air Vehicle Door Design
• Stringer/Frames/Clips design.
Design, Structure, Mechanical, Structural design, Aerospace, catia, FEM, GFEM, DFEM, Mechanical design, GD&T
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in creating, managing and running GFEM's (Global finite element models) that can be utilized by the entire stress team.
• Experience in creating and executing DFEM's (Detail Finite Element Models).
• Abilities to create simple working FEM's for conceptual design work to validate design principles
• Experience with composite workbench
• Knowledge of various material forms and processes that could be considered for conceptual design trade studies
• Experience with executing trade studies to consider various design solutions for downselect for best solutions to meet weight, cost and schedule constraints
• Ability to work in an IPT environment with design, fabrication, assembly and other key functions
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.